Duke4.net Forums: Looking for FUTURE.MAP - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for FUTURE.MAP  "Old map by Geoffrey"

User is offline   Sanek 

I created this thread so people would notice this, as nobody answered me in Looking for map thread.

So, what the title says. It's the old map by Geoffrey/FakirBaba from about 2000-2005. It's not available on DukeWorld so I hope some of you might still have it.

User is offline   Lunick 

Well, it looks like this if it helps anyone find the map:

Posted Image

Screenshot found here

I think getting in touch with Kevin Cools might be your best option.

Edit: Looks like Unholy is also missing?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostLunick, on 21 April 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

I think getting in touch with Kevin Cools might be your best option.

Is he still around? I doubt that email he mentioned in txt files is still the same.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

you could contact Geoffry, but he most likely relegates his duke mapping days to some childish hobby. He considers himself a high-end artist and I wouldn't count on getting a response.

https://www.instagra...ieuwefavoriete/

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostForge, on 25 April 2021 - 06:27 AM, said:

you could contact Geoffry, but he most likely relegates his duke mapping days to some childish hobby. He considers himself a high-end artist and I wouldn't count on getting a response.

https://www.instagra...ieuwefavoriete/

he is a high-end artist!

User is offline   Geoffrey 

View PostSanek, on 21 April 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

I created this thread so people would notice this, as nobody answered me in Looking for map thread.

So, what the title says. It's the old map by Geoffrey/FakirBaba from about 2000-2005. It's not available on DukeWorld so I hope some of you might still have it.

Hey Sanek! I was googling to see if my old account was still active and I found your thread (as well as one where Jamesfff was searching for SP1G). I'll try to find both these maps when I can get my old computer up and running (and when my AliExpress USB floppy disk reader gets delivered). If I find it, I'll let you know!

User is offline   NNC 

Just imagine... there will be a day in the FUTURE when everything about Duke3D will vanish. There will be a day, when the last map is played. And when Duke kills his last pigcop, and hits his last nukebutton, everything will be gone. It may not be today, may not be next month, or even the next decade. But there will be a day it will happen. Scary, isn't it?

And the internet is such a tricky place. It looks like a better place to archive things than in a museum or a record office, but it really isn't. Websites come and go, links, pictures, stories can disappear very silently. A lot of places I have visited just 15 years ago (and that includes the original AMC forum for example) are now non-existent. And that was 15 years, not some lifelong timespan....

PS: Welcome back Geoffrey.

User is offline   slacker1 

View PostThe Watchtower, on 23 January 2022 - 10:38 AM, said:

Just imagine... there will be a day in the FUTURE when everything about Duke3D will vanish. There will be a day, when the last map is played. And when Duke kills his last pigcop, and hits his last nukebutton, everything will be gone. It may not be today, may not be next month, or even the next decade. But there will be a day it will happen. Scary, isn't it?

And the internet is such a tricky place. It looks like a better place to archive things than in a museum or a record office, but it really isn't. Websites come and go, links, pictures, stories can disappear very silently. A lot of places I have visited just 15 years ago (and that includes the original AMC forum for example) are now non-existent. And that was 15 years, not some lifelong timespan....

PS: Welcome back Geoffrey.

I've thought about this before as well. I sometimes pick a random map still from my old Duke Assault CD from back in the day that contains 1500 user maps from 1996 and 1997. Most of them are incomplete or just plain terrible but the thought crosses my mind each time of "When was the last time someone walked through this level?" Like it could have been 20 years ago. Weird to think. Or maybe not.. it's late and I should probably be going to bed. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options