Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Iceberg - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Iceberg

User is offline   ck3D 

From https://tcrf.net/Duke_Nukem_3D_(PC):

Unused Level Names
USER.CON contains three extra levels listed for Episode 1 that don't appear in the game's files.

definelevelname 0 8 E1L9.map 12:48 16:32 VOID ZONE
definelevelname 0 9 E1L10.map 0T:HX 11:38 ROACH CONDO
definelevelname 0 10 E1L11.map 08:67 53:09 ANTIPROFIT

The level times are actually references. Void Zone refers to bit/byte types (16/32/etc.), Roach Condo refers to the movie THX-1138, and Antiprofit refers to the song Jenny (867-5309). Void Zone is displayed when the player finishes a User Map, referring to the fact that there is no map afterwards. It's likely these are meant as placeholders.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 08 April 2022 - 12:23 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I always knew about those and wondered if there truly was something intended to go there many iterations previous, or if there was some Build Spaghetti earlier on that would freak out if all episodes did not truly have 11 levels (Episode 1 being the only one to not have the standard 11).

User is offline   ck3D 

That's a good question. I mostly posted that link specifically to highlight how Roach Condo and Antiprofit as titles were just private jokes and references (which I didn't know myself, what's funny is I completely randomly ran into that info on the side just as this thread got bumped) and so it's really most certain that any actual level with those names ever existed. It's pretty funny because I could swear I've seen people ask around and request those here and there on the Internet several times, so there was some doubt. Void Zone always took the cake in that regard, though, people have been looking for that one ever since the game came out and they played their first user map despite generations of more knowledgeable people explaining.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 11 April 2022 - 06:35 PM

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View Postscreamingahhhhh, on 20 March 2022 - 12:39 PM, said:

hey i'm actually working on a script/ research doc on this! i wanted to ask if it's alright if i ever actually recorded audio and uploaded the video to youtube, crediting you of course

I give permission. Will be happy to check the video once you upload it!

User is offline   king karl 

green keycard?

User is offline   Tigrou 

It reminds me of this picture I found in a magazine back in the day.
It's from one of those "how to create your own maps in Build" tutorials.
They wanted to demonstrate the "versatility" of the editor and the "futility" of the human soul :D

Warning: NSFW
Spoiler

The "weapon" has already been censored by the magazine.
I don't know if it's a screenshot from a real mod or just an edited picture. It's described as "a picture found on the internet".
As a kid, I used to checked all the Duke3D mods on CDs, hoping to find it, but it never happened.

This post has been edited by Tigrou: 16 November 2022 - 10:11 AM

The sprites are from the xxxtile pack, never seen that map though

zykov eddy, on 29 May 2022 - 03:56 PM, said:

I give permission. Will be happy to check the video once you upload it!

sorry this has taken so long but i'm finally working on this again, i've decided to change a few things mainly just getting rid of the duke 3d easter egg entries cause i wanna try to cover the whole series . I've also decided to fill some stuff in with some other duke icebergs i've found, i'm not sure how long the video will be yet but i'm hoping to get it done around February.

This post has been edited by screamingahhhhh: 23 January 2024 - 11:36 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options