Duke4.net Forums: need copy of palette - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

need copy of palette

User is offline   Mark 

Does anybody happen to have a copy of the palette file used for title screen 2492?

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostMark, on 26 February 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

Does anybody happen to have a copy of the palette file used for title screen 2492?

should be in here

This post has been edited by jimbob: 26 February 2021 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Mark 

OK. I'm partway there. I found the Global palette #3 I was looking for on a related page from the link. But I have no idea how to proceed. I downloaded the palf.png file and tried renaming it to logo.pal and place it it the palettes folder of my graphics program along with my other .pal files including the main duke.pal which works fine. The program said it wasn't a valid palette file. So I guess I'll start my search for how to convert the png to pal.

User is offline   jimbob 

in gimp you can import pal files directly iirc, you could extract them from the duke.grp theres videos of it on youtube.

User is offline   Mark 

I'll look for the vids because I couldn't find any pal files in the GRP

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's named PALETTE.DAT

Also if the issue is the game using a different palette for that screen, you can just use setgamepalete 0 to make it the normal palette in the appropriate event.

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks. I'm feeling really dumb right now. I can't figure it out.

By using setvar return -1 in a few likely EVENT candidates to see what disappeared, I decided that EVENT_MAINMENUSCREEN is what I wanted. So I added this towards the top of my main con file.
onevent EVENT_MAINMENUSCREEN
setgamepalette 0
endevent

It has no affect. So either its not this simple or I have chosen the wrong event. Just to clarify, I'm attempting to change the palette for the first screen that loads.

This post has been edited by Mark: 27 February 2021 - 02:58 PM

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostDanukem, on 27 February 2021 - 01:16 PM, said:

It's named PALETTE.DAT

Also if the issue is the game using a different palette for that screen, you can just use setgamepalete 0 to make it the normal palette in the appropriate event.

thats good to know

User is offline   Mark 

I gave up trying to figure out the appropriate event and moved on to other things. <_<

User is offline   jimbob 

It seems to work great for the intro logo background, but not for the 3Dr logo, maybe set it with rotatesprite, call a user art tile and set the pall for that to 0

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options