Duke4.net Forums: Always display "Mighty Foot" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Always display "Mighty Foot"

User is offline   JesseP 

How might one go about always showing the "mighty foot" weapon if it were replaced with say, a sword and you wanted it to always be visible when the player is walking just as the pistol and other weapons are? Bobbing as the player walks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

In either EVENT_DRAWWEAPON or EVENT_DISPLAYWEAPON, use rotatesprite or some other screen drawing command to draw the frame of the sword you want displayed. A combination of the eduke32 wiki, and released mods such as AMC TC and Alien Armageddon contain instructions and examples, respectively.

User is offline   JesseP 

View PostDanukem, on 22 February 2021 - 02:55 AM, said:

In either EVENT_DRAWWEAPON or EVENT_DISPLAYWEAPON, use rotatesprite or some other screen drawing command to draw the frame of the sword you want displayed. A combination of the eduke32 wiki, and released mods such as AMC TC and Alien Armageddon contain instructions and examples, respectively.

I tinkered around with it for a few hours, not having any luck. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

User is offline   11bush 

View PostJesseP, on 24 February 2021 - 11:15 AM, said:

I tinkered around with it for a few hours, not having any luck. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I made a con file and a gamevar file adding a visible weapon for the foot. you just need to change the sprite to whatever sprite you want to use. I added a crappy little axe I made quickly (which is included in the zip) it uses 4960 as it's idle frame, so to change the sprite number you will just need to go into the mightyfoot.con file and change setvar picnum 4963 to whatever sprite number you want. You will also need to do the same for the animation frames you use in the same file. Lastly you just need to go into game.con and add "include GAMEVARS.CON" and "include MIGHTYFOOT.CON" at the top. You will probably want to change the offsets as well since I moved them around to make mine work.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by 11bush: 13 March 2021 - 07:23 AM

User is offline   JesseP 

@11bush, Thank you so much!!

View Post11bush, on 13 March 2021 - 07:22 AM, said:

Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I made a con file and a gamevar file adding a visible weapon for the foot. you just need to change the sprite to whatever sprite you want to use. I added a crappy little axe I made quickly (which is included in the zip) it uses 4960 as it's idle frame, so to change the sprite number you will just need to go into the mightyfoot.con file and change setvar picnum 4963 to whatever sprite number you want. You will also need to do the same for the animation frames you use in the same file. Lastly you just need to go into game.con and add "include GAMEVARS.CON" and "include MIGHTYFOOT.CON" at the top. You will probably want to change the offsets as well since I moved them around to make mine work.

User is offline   11bush 

View PostJesseP, on 13 March 2021 - 07:28 AM, said:

@11bush, Thank you so much!!

No problem man, let me know if it works for you.

User is offline   JesseP 

Will do, I'll be able to tinker around with it Monday. Thanks again!

User is offline   JesseP 

@11bush, works like a charm! That would be great for the Plunder & Pillage sword. Thank you so much, this is awesome.

User is offline   11bush 

View PostJesseP, on 16 March 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

@11bush, works like a charm! That would be great for the Plunder & Pillage sword. Thank you so much, this is awesome.

No worries!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options