Duke4.net Forums: Conveyor Belt looping sprites - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Conveyor Belt looping sprites

User is offline   Paul B 

Is it possible using a long conveyor belt carrying sprites to have the sprites appear back at the other end and have them loop without needing to make a complete conveyor belt circle? I want to loop sprites from the top of the map to the bottom of a map using a conveyor belt effect. Maybe if i coupled this with a one way teleport feature?

*Updated* Okay so the Teleport works for the player, but not the sprite objects on the conveyor belt. Is this a bug? Or is there some other way to do this?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Paul B: 16 February 2021 - 10:17 PM

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostPaul B, on 16 February 2021 - 09:35 PM, said:

Is it possible using a long conveyor belt carrying sprites to have the sprites appear back at the other end and have them loop without needing to make a complete conveyor belt circle? I want to loop sprites from the top of the map to the bottom of a map using a conveyor belt effect. Maybe if i coupled this with a one way teleport feature?

*Updated* Okay so the Teleport works for the player, but not the sprite objects on the conveyor belt. Is this a bug? Or is there some other way to do this?

Thanks

Teleporter only work for certain sprites, so items etc. will also get teleported. The other idea on how to do this from the top of my head would be maybe with crane, as it is compatible with different sprites than teleporter (it's best to just check the compatibility listings on infosuite: https://infosuite.du...s_compatibility ). You could also try with another, really fast conveyor belt that would drop the sprites back to the beginning of the loop - just make sure it's wide enough so the sprites wouldn't be dropped outside of the boundaries, as conveyor belts often do that for some reason after a few loops.

Belt loops are crap because when items turn corners, they drift a little. Best bet is to push them out of bounds and then back in using an inaccessible sector.

Example map; http://dxzeff.com/trash/belts5.zip

A video I made about it;

Haven't really tried this with belts that slope, though, as most sprites don't move up and down on conveyor belts. I assume it would work, unless it's an active sprite and gets jammed against the wall regardless of slopes or not.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 17 February 2021 - 08:31 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHigh Treason, on 17 February 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

Belt loops are crap because when items turn corners, they drift a little. Best bet is to push them out of bounds and then back in using an inaccessible sector.

Example map; http://dxzeff.com/trash/belts5.zip

A video I made about it;

Haven't really tried this with belts that slope, though, as most sprites don't move up and down on conveyor belts. I assume it would work, unless it's an active sprite and gets jammed against the wall regardless of slopes or not.

Thanks guys exactly what I was looking for. High Treason that video was very well done and very creative. That's what keeps drawing me back to the editor is the creativity of people who make the most out of it. Well done sir!

User is offline   Mark 

Another good tut. That bit about keeping sprites on track with the white walls in the corners is good stuff.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options