Duke4.net Forums: Single out from new upcoming album! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Single out from new upcoming album!

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

It's finally out - the first single off of my upcoming third album! Please stop by my Bandcamp page and grab a copy of "Underground Train" today!

Oh, and what's with the Duke Nukem references in the track credits? :D

https://leejackson1....derground-train

This post has been edited by Lee Jackson: 28 January 2021 - 11:05 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Purchased the track. Great work as usual, Lee! I get a certain ROTT vibe from it, but maybe that's just me. As for the Duke reference, I am not sure... maybe it was a track Gearbox didn't use in World Tour for some reason?

Good to know (and hear) that progress is being made regarding the third album. I'm curious to learn more about it!

• Composer

View PostNightFright, on 29 January 2021 - 12:28 AM, said:

Good to know (and hear) that progress is being made regarding the third album. I'm curious to learn more about it!

Progress has been completed on the third album! Here's the release schedule:

• January 29th: First Single
  • February 12th: Second Single
  • February 26th: Album Release Date

I hope you'll buy a copy of the Second Single, "Sniper," when it comes out in two weeks! Maybe I'll have more info on the Duke Nukem credit lines when it gets released. :D

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Count me in for all of it. A pity, the album release is missing my bday barely, but I'll survive the 24h delay (also, the physical copy wouldn't arrive on time, anyway, provided there will be one again).

User is offline   Lunick 

Sniper is out now! You can read the whole blog post here https://dleejackson....-album-details/

• Composer

Underground Train has a real Music Video out:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That video is a lie, we all know it's really a Duke Nukem 3D subway train! I talked to Duke and he said the dancing chick at 2:57 is welcome aboard.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Cool! Was this originally supposed to be in duke3d?

User is offline   Lunick 

You can hear samples of Lee's album here :) https://leejackson.hearnow.com/

• Composer

View Poststumppy84, on 12 February 2021 - 11:19 AM, said:

Cool! Was this originally supposed to be in duke3d?

No, this is an entirely new song. All fifteen tracks on the album are new, in fact, inspired by the music Bobby and I wrote for the levels beginning with Duke Nukem 3D and running through the 20th Anniversary World Tour. All new.

As Lunick said, you can hear samples of all fifteen tracks at my HearNow site.

• Composer

"Duke Nukem Tank Tracks" is now available for pre-order at Amazon!

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B08X5Y2GHG/

User is offline   Lunick 

My favourite tracks are probably Gut Rumble and Dig Deep.

• Composer

"Duke Nukem Tank Tracks" has been released! It's available from Amazon and Bandcamp!

Also separately available is the "DUKE NUKEM TANK TRACKS" OGG PACK. This $5 download, available from the DNTTOGGPack Store, is a zip file containing OGGs of the album's songs and a USER.CON that will let you play the "Duke Nukem: 20th Anniversary World Tour" with the album music in place of 15 of the tracks. Download your copy today!

User is offline   Lunick 

If you'd like to hear an example of what the new music sounds like in-game, I've prepared an example

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Definitely picking this up when my finances clear up.

This is great, my favorite track is "Kickin' It Old Style" -- just something about it makes it feel very Duke3D.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostLee Jackson, on 25 February 2021 - 10:33 PM, said:

"Duke Nukem Tank Tracks" has been released! It's available from Amazon and Bandcamp!

Also separately available is the "DUKE NUKEM TANK TRACKS" OGG PACK. This $5 download, available from the DNTTOGGPack Store, is a zip file containing OGGs of the album's songs and a USER.CON that will let you play the "Duke Nukem: 20th Anniversary World Tour" with the album music in place of 15 of the tracks. Download your copy today!

Picked up my copy off Amazon last night.

This is good stuff, Lee.

User is offline   Aleks 

Congratulations on the release, Lee!

Gave the album a couple of thorough listens during the weekend, also replayed all the levels with changed tracks to see how they work out in game - and they're great!

My favourite tracks are definitely "Megamusic" (both epic, with a sense of grandness, tension and imminent danger and very atmospheric at the same time) and "Ike2" (I'm surprised how well it worked as a "successor" to the awesome "Lord of LA", but it does great with a strong metal vibe). These 2 masterpieces are closely followed by "Kickin' It Old Style" and "Black Beans" (love how creative this one gets with constant snares and this eerie, calm feeling of "Plasma"). "Gut Rumble", "Dig Deep" and "Underground Train" are also worth mentioning, especially the last 2 being super-catchy, I imagine they'd fit pretty much every level in the game.

It's also cool how naturally some of the tracks "expand" from the original Duke 3D tracks, hearing "Marsch" for the first time I was like "wait a minute, where did I hear it... Oh, Invader!" :) Got the same feeling with "Abandonment", "Electricity", "Gut Rumble" and "Ike2", all kind of expanding from the original music in their respective levels and bringing some new quality and experimentation to it (and of course "Sniper" being kind of a variation of "Stalker" - I've also felt a lot of "Subway" vibe in "Forward to the 90s", especially the cymbals at the beginning).

Most of the tracks also fit perfectly the levels they were assigned to. I especially liked how "Critical Mass" just played so much better with "Megamusic" playing, it was one of my less favourite levels of the game, but the tension and atmosphere from the music added a lot to the theme of the map. A few changes I would personally make (and probably I'll try them out too) would be trying "Dig Deep" in "Flood Zone", "Kickin' It Old Style" to "Freeway" perhaps (definitely would work great in a city level IMO) and "Inner Space" to one of E2 levels, perhaps "Incubator" would be my first try.

User is offline   duke3d.exe 

View PostLunick, on 26 February 2021 - 01:39 AM, said:

If you'd like to hear an example of what the new music sounds like in-game, I've prepared an example

Now we just need to get an Atomic Edition tier new episode with this as the music for the 25th anniversary

• Composer

I forgot to mention, if you haven't already seen my tweet about it: "Duke Nukem Tank Tracks" is finally available on Apple Music and iTunes! It's about damned iTime! :lol: Grab your copy today!

• Composer

Want to learn how to snag a 20% discount on "Duke Nukem Tank Tracks"? Read my latest blog post!

User is offline   Lunick 

If you've been waiting to listen to the tracks on YouTube, they have finally been uploaded https://www.youtube....eW88J3qRu97VVVs

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options