Duke4.net Forums: No muzzle flash? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No muzzle flash?

User is offline   duke3d.exe 

In the original Duke 3d, even on Doom when you shoot the screen lightens up, but I noticed in eduke32, both in classic and polymost mode, there is no flash, only the weapon sprite lightens up. Now im confused if there ever was a muzzle flash in eduke32 or not, but definitely it's there on the original:

Notice in 1:32 the dark area ligthens up when you shot. How can I enable it in eduke32 classic and polymost mode? (polymer has it but I don't like it due lower fps)

This post has been edited by duke3d.exe: 27 December 2020 - 08:38 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Muzzleflash works fine in EDuke32, I just tested the most recent revision just to be sure. I have never known it to be broken. Perhaps you are using modified CONs that have it disabled?

View PostDanukem, on 27 December 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

Muzzleflash works fine in EDuke32, I just tested the most recent revision just to be sure. I have never known it to be broken. Perhaps you are using modified CONs that have it disabled?

It's a clean folder of the recent eduke32 version https://dukeworld.co...97-2bb6cbcae.7z

No muzzle here. Just the weapon sprite ligthens up.

This post has been edited by duke3d.exe: 27 December 2020 - 04:20 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postduke3d.exe, on 27 December 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

No muzzle here. Just the weapon sprite ligthens up.

Works fine, just tested it again with the version you linked. I could upload a video but there's clearly something wrong on your end since no one else has this issue.

Muzzle seems to be working now. I either was drunk or wasn't working the other day, weird.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Maybe you were testing it in an area of a map that was already fully bright. All the flash does is set full visibility on the map for a moment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options