Duke4.net Forums: Paprium has finally been released - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paprium has finally been released  "Looks like what streets of rage 4 should have been"

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

They also announced a limited release homebrew game amb96
I'm not a hardcore genesis fan, not enough to buy a genesis and a $160 cartridge to play one game or 320 for two, but I love what they do so I'm probably going to throw money at them another way,
And you know, get it alternatively.

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 26 December 2020 - 03:26 AM

User is offline   the_raven 

I've actually had a Sega Genesis when I was younger, it was years after everyone moved on to PC and PS gaming, but I was still really happy. Problem was that it wouldn't work with our more modern TV, or so I've been told so as I wouldn't hog it with my gaming. My aunt had an older TV that it worked with, so I took it to her, and my cousin - who had previously had an SNES-clone (or maybe it was his friend's?) got to play my Sega all the time when he wanted, whereas I, not being able to visit as often as I'd like, couldn't. Then they lost it. Well, I didn't care as much because I was always a PC player, but it was still a bit upsetting.

Still not sure what this Paprium is supposed to be (a Sega Genesis-exclusive game?), but I don't think I want another Sega Genesis, especially now that they're trying to revive it and it'll cost a lot more.

This post has been edited by the_raven: 27 December 2020 - 01:21 AM

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View Postthe_raven, on 27 December 2020 - 01:18 AM, said:

I've actually had a Sega Genesis when I was younger, it was years after everyone moved on to PC and PS gaming, but I was still really happy. Problem was that it wouldn't work with our more modern TV, or so I've been told so as I wouldn't hog it with my gaming. My aunt had an older TV that it worked with, so I took it to her, and my cousin - who had previously had an SNES-clone (or maybe it was his friend's?) got to play my Sega all the time when he wanted, whereas I, not being able to visit as often as I'd like, couldn't. Then they lost it. Well, I didn't care as much because I was always a PC player, but it was still a bit upsetting.

Still not sure what this Paprium is supposed to be (a Sega Genesis-exclusive game?), but I don't think I want another Sega Genesis, especially now that they're trying to revive it and it'll cost a lot more.

Yep, sega genesis exclusive, which I think is dumb.

They used a whole bunch of special tricks to get it to be an 80mb cartridge. Gameplay wise it looks exceptional for the genesis, just like pier solar did, but I'm not going to buy a sega genesis, just to play one game. It's more geared towards collectors, however I don't see how they're going to make money making it exclusive.

Like people would pay for a pc version, and now they're making the only way to get the game on pc is through a ripped rom, it seems like a dumb financial decision.

There's a device that is basically a pixel quadrupler (ossc) that makes old 2d games look pretty great on a modern tv.

EDIT:
I liked pier solar so much I copped out and bought all of it.
god bless me.

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 27 December 2020 - 12:36 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options