Duke4.net Forums: WinRott fullscreen mode doesn't work? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WinRott fullscreen mode doesn't work?

User is offline   the_raven 

Yeah, so I've decided to try out WinRott. Found some instructions on how to set it up and get it running, did everything, and it works, but there's a problem - the fullscreen option is grayed out in the WinRott launcher (v.2.24), and there's no in-game option for this. I've tried Alt+Enter, but it doesn't work, instead it asks me if I want to quit the game. I've tried adding the '-fullscreen' parameter to the shortcut, and in the launcher (It has a special wind field for parameters) but neither worked. I'm baffled.
Any help?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm running Windows 10, system screen resolution 1920x1080.

This post has been edited by the_raven: 25 December 2020 - 12:52 PM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I think it would be helpful to know what OS you're running, and what is the host system screen resolution to solve your problem.

View PostMrFlibble, on 25 December 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

I think it would be helpful to know what OS you're running, and what is the host system screen resolution to solve your problem.

Edited.
But does this really make a difference?

This post has been edited by the_raven: 25 December 2020 - 12:53 PM

User is offline   deus-ex 

WinRott v2.24 is a quite outdated launcher from 2005 without support for OpenGL which probably won't run in fullscreen at all. You should try its successor WinRottGL instead.

Since there have been requests previously I take the opportunity to provide a package containing WinRottGL (unofficial version) and all required DLLs and some easy to follow instructions to get you going.

Good luck with the setup and enjoy your game.

Attached File(s)

View Postdeus-ex, on 25 December 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

WinRott v2.24 is a quite outdated launcher from 2005 without support for OpenGL which probably won't run in fullscreen at all. You should try its successor WinRottGL instead.

Since there have been requests previously I take the opportunity to provide a package containing WinRottGL (unofficial version) and all required DLLs and some easy to follow instructions to get you going.

Good luck with the setup and enjoy your game.

Hey, thanks a bunch! :)

View Postdeus-ex, on 25 December 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

I think it would not be inappropriate to ask what exactly is different compared to the version from Birger's page. Does it simply fix compatibility issues, or were there other changes too?

The readme supplied in the archive does not seem to contain this information.

View PostMrFlibble, on 01 January 2021 - 04:38 AM, said:

The readme supplied in the archive does not seem to contain this information.

Unfortunately, there's no further information available like there is none for all the other of Birger's releases. Birger's web page is rather unstructured and chaotic, information and downloads are spread among several pages. Most of the downloads contain just the binary without any required DLLs, no documentation included.

V1.72 was created about five months after the v1.70 release from 2013. As opposed to v1.74 from 2018 this version does run.

Apologies, I seem to have misunderstood. So the files in the package are all from Birger's site, just put into one place and guaranteed to work on modern OSs, nothing modified by you?

The WinRottGL.exe v1.72 is taken from Birger's site and unaltered. I updated the SDL libraries to the most recent release v2.15 and removed ILU.DLL and ILUT.DLL, which are not required at all. Additionally, I added HUNTBGIN.RTC and HUNTBGIN.RTL from the 'Special Shareware Edition'.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit here, WinRottGL v1.72 runs fine for me. I only tried the single-player mode. I had this version and the file set up for several years already.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 02 January 2021 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the clarification, and for bringing these files into one place!

User is offline   Master O 

View Postthe_raven, on 25 December 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yeah, so I've decided to try out WinRott. Found some instructions on how to set it up and get it running, did everything, and it works, but there's a problem - the fullscreen option is grayed out in the WinRott launcher (v.2.24), and there's no in-game option for this. I've tried Alt+Enter, but it doesn't work, instead it asks me if I want to quit the game. I've tried adding the '-fullscreen' parameter to the shortcut, and in the launcher (It has a special wind field for parameters) but neither worked. I'm baffled.
Any help?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm running Windows 10, system screen resolution 1920x1080.

I know it's late by this point, but for anyone who cares about them:

https://www.doomworl...comment-2132128

https://www.gog.com/...ort_quick_setup

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options