Duke4.net Forums: Global Kerfuffle 2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Global Kerfuffle 2  "the GK2 mod thread"

User is offline   jimbob 

well, ive been working on a little mod for a few weeks now, and slowly but surely something emerges that looks half decent and half arsed at the same time!
so what is Global Kerfuffle 2? well, as the name implies it is a Global skirmish, or rather World War and its notorious sequel, why? well because there aren't enough of those already :P

basically i needed something to work on whilst going through some changes in my life, and good old duke nukem 3d has alwas been kind to me on such events.
i havent really been active in the scene for quite a while ( like in a decade or something like that ) so im rusty as hell and EDuke has always been a mystery to me, and still is.
so far i have one nearly finished map, that is finished as in it has a beginning, middle and end, but needs more work. 5 brand spanking new weapons never seen before.... as in the art is new, we've al had like a dozen or so thompsons an MP40's over the year, but you get the idea.
so far there is a new mighty boot, an M1911, a thompson M1A1, an MP40, a demo block, and a flame thrower
so whats next?

well i plan to digitize myself wearing my US WW2 uniform and create a new player character
ditto for aditional troops on your side
digitize a friend wearing his wehrmacht uniform to create something to kill.
add even more weapons, maybe even a few novelty ones ( like a expander that actually 'expands' the character, like in mortal kombat 2! or a melter, or something nice and satisfying to waste those germans.
weapons i consider adding are a M3 Grease Gun, an MG42, a M1 Garand, maybe a knife, a Grenade
atleast one full episode, probably two.
one fun episode filled with novelty maps, weapons and stuff wich throws historical accuracy out the window for the sake of sheer fun.
if i can program it, an epic bossfight against a tiger tank! just you, a box full of bullets and one 60 ton tank that destroys all your cover!

since its a one man job right now progress is slow, but ill have something to show in a few weeks at this tempo, so in the mean time, enjoy these videos of random tests recorded on my phone, at night aimed at a shitty laptop.

https://studio.youtu...7pHy2cLCPE/edit

User is offline   blizzart 

The FG42 and StG44 would be great additions to the arsenal.

User is offline   jimbob 

View Postblizzart, on 12 December 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

The FG42 and StG44 would be great additions to the arsenal.

while i would love to add those, i dont have any a the moment.

User is offline   jimbob 

here's a video i made

User is offline   Mark 

Video doesn't play for me.

User is offline   Nfsfan83 

Video on yt need credit card or show your ID to watch it, sick policy of yt, add again video without age restrictions

This post has been edited by Nfsfan83: 13 December 2020 - 08:53 AM

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostNfsfan83, on 13 December 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

Video on yt need credit card or show your ID to watch it, sick policy of yt, add again video without age restrictions

That sucks, ill remove the restriction, its behind a hidden link anyway and kids have little interrest in this board i think.

User is offline   jimbob 

They should work now, for the sensitive viewer, thers blood, gore, and swastikas.

View Postjimbob, on 13 December 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

They should work now, for the sensitive viewer, thers blood, gore, and swastikas.

so sweet ;)

You can use my M2 flamethrower wepon sprite...

Posted Image

If you need other position give me priv

Also I can made sprites of these:

http://gamer-lab.com.../German_weapons

http://gamer-lab.com...OD/U.S._weapons

http://gamer-lab.com...British_weapons

:D

This post has been edited by Nfsfan83: 13 December 2020 - 09:43 AM

User is offline   jimbob 

Hey man, i think i will use that, getting a decent photograph of one will require a field trip to a museum, and those are closed unfortunatly, so that flamethrower will be morw than usefull

User is offline   jimbob 

well, i coded a functioning MG42 in the game for enemies, it works, but i'd love to have it be a weapon that only works if the enemy near it is alive, like a mounted weapon for enemies. right now it also works on its own and that looks rather silly. it also fires a firelazer at random interfalls to simulate a tracer round. this adds to the effect when grouped together in defensive positions, makes it look more visceral.

another thing that i need to add is a 90 degree FoV so the weapon also fires in that FoV rather than straight ahead.
and third, it needs to fire at friendly AI, or a specified target rather than haphazardly. so all that is on my to do list.

User is offline   jimbob 

here's the first test of the new MG42 weapon for the player. it needs some tweaking and a better firing animation and reload animation but it works for now.

This post has been edited by jimbob: 17 December 2020 - 04:36 PM

jimbob help me to replace chaingun by my M60 mode? and RPG by my M202? and glock by my Desert Eagle ;)

M42 great feeling of shooting !!!

This post has been edited by Nfsfan83: 18 December 2020 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostNfsfan83, on 18 December 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

jimbob help me to replace chaingun by my M60 mode? and RPG by my M202? and glock by my Desert Eagle ;)

M42 great feeling of shooting !!!

sure, here's the code i used for my Thompson, ill comment in the parts you need.

first, i added the line include weapons.con to the game.con file
next, create a weapons.con file and add this to the top

// gamevars
gamevar digx 0 1
gamevar digy 0 1
gamevar digz 0 1
gamevar angvar 0 1
gamevar picnum 0 1
gamevar shade 0 1
gamevar pal 0 1
gamevar orientation 0 1

next use

// thompson
gamevar WEAPON3_WORKSLIKE 3 0
gamevar WEAPON3_CLIP 30 0 // the amount of rounds in the 'clip' or magazine.
gamevar WEAPON3_RELOAD 40 0
gamevar WEAPON3_FIREDELAY 1 0
gamevar WEAPON3_TOTALTIME 4 0 
gamevar WEAPON3_HOLDDELAY 0 0
gamevar WEAPON3_FLAGS 73813 
gamevar WEAPON3_SHOOTS CHAINGUN // what it actually shoots, chaingun is less precise as shotspark1 and does slightly more damage.
gamevar WEAPON3_SPAWNTIME 0 0
gamevar WEAPON3_SHOTSPERBURST 0 0
gamevar WEAPON3_INITIALSOUND 0 
gamevar WEAPON3_FIRESOUND CHAINGUN_FIRE // change the audio file to what you want, and change the source file in user.con
gamevar WEAPON3_SOUND2TIME 0
gamevar WEAPON3_SOUND2SOUND 0
gamevar WEAPON3_SPAWN SHELL // this spawns a shell flying off to the right

now for the actual code
this part needs to go before any actual draw code so it can be recalled later
state initweapondisplay
  setvar angvar 0
  setvar orientation 0

subvarvar digx looking_angSR1
  addvarvar digy looking_arc
  subvarvar digy gun_pos
  addvarvar digx weapon_xoffset

setvarvar shade gs

getsector[THISACTOR].floorpal pal
  ifvarg pal 13 setvar pal 0
ends

the actual MG code

state thompson_display // the state to call when the weapon is selected, this state actually says what to draw and where
 switch weaponcount
  case 0 // first frame, or the idle frame of your weapon art
   setvar digz 65536 // scale of the art 65536 is 100% 32768 is 50% etc etc
   setvar digx 145 // X position in pixels, think of your screen as a 320 x 240 pixel grid.
   setvar digy 235 // Y position of the art
   setvar picnum 2536 // the actual art file to render
   setvar orientation 0 
   state initweapondisplay // the draw state
   rotatesprite digx digy digz angvar picnum shade pal orientation 0 0 xdim ydim
  break // end it
  case 1 case 2 // start of fire animation
   setvar digz 65536 // again at 100%
   setvar digx 145 // X position
   setvar digy 240 // Y position, slightly lower to simulate a kick to the weapon
   setvar picnum 2537 // the art tile
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
  break
  case 3 case 4
   setvar digz 65536 
   setvar digx 145
   setvar digy 237
   setvar picnum 2538 // the next animation frame
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
  break
  case 5 case 6
   setvar digz 65536
   setvar digx 145
   setvar digy 237
   setvar picnum 2539 // and the next fire animation frame
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  case 7
   setvar digz 65536
   setvar digx 145
   setvar digy 237
   setvar picnum 2540 // and the last animation frame for firing, you can use as many as you like 
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break // end of fire animation
  case 8 case 9 case 10 // start of reload animation, totals 7 frames
   setvar digz 49152 // scaled to 75% because i used larger res art files
   setvar digx 260 
   setvar digy 180
   setvar picnum 2582 // and the actual art file location
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  case 11 case 12 case 13 case 14 // the amount of frames or ticks this particular frame lasts, the end total should correspond to your reload time. I.E if it is set at 50 make sure that after you start your animation at case X you end with atleast 50 more 'cases'
   setvar digz 49152
   setvar digx 260
   setvar digy 180
   setvar picnum 2583
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  case 15 case 16 case 17 case 18 
   setvar digz 49152
   setvar digx 260
   setvar digy 180
   setvar picnum 2584
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  	case 19 
	case 20 
	case 21 
	case 22 
	case 23 
	case 24 
	case 25
	case 26 
	case 27 // add slight delay here, hold on the empty gun to simulate getting a new mag
   setvar digz 49152
   setvar digx 260
   setvar digy 180
   setvar picnum 2585
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  	case 28 
	case 29 
	case 30
	case 31
   setvar digz 49152
   setvar digx 260
   setvar digy 180
   setvar picnum 2586
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  	case 32 
	case 33 
	case 34
	case 35
   setvar digz 49152
   setvar digx 260
   setvar digy 180
   setvar picnum 2587
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
  	case 36 
	case 37 
	case 38
	case 39
	case 40
	case 41
	case 42
   setvar digz 49152 // 65536
   setvar digx 260
   setvar digy 180 // 237
   setvar picnum 2588
   setvar orientation 0
   state initweapondisplay
   break
 endswitch
ends

// end thompson

and lastly add this
onevent EVENT_DRAWWEAPON
 ifvare currentweapon 3 // if the chaingun is selected 0 is kick, 1 is the pistol 2 shotgun 3 chaingun etc etc
  {
   setvar RETURN -1
   state thompson_display // run the render code we just made
  }
 ifvare currentweapon 2 // can be used for any weapon
  {
   setvar RETURN -1
   state mp40_display
  }
endevent

here you go, this should work if you have all the art files
that should help you get started.

Oooo big thanks I will try check it soon but have you all your models sprites in png? or convert to art duke files?

Are You use eduke32 ? where is con file? I have HRP pack and can's see it.

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostNfsfan83, on 21 December 2020 - 04:58 AM, said:

Oooo big thanks I will try check it soon but have you all your models sprites in png? or convert to art duke files?

Are You use eduke32 ? where is con file? I have HRP pack and can's see it.

i took some pictures myself and imported them into the duke art files using BAFed the con files should be readily available in your main directory of your duke folder. you cant see these files because they direct to my custom images to wich setvar picnum points to.

User is offline   jimbob 

Working on maps for a bit, making a north african campaign map to be used in the prologue, also a basic training map. i need to make a custom african style floor tile texture, and various things to flesh it out.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: na.png

User is offline   jimbob 

i have begun the tedious process of photographing and digitising US infantry sprites, used myself for this actor because i can test it before i go on and digitise german actors and variations. also have a nice couple of things planned to make it a little more than just another WW2 mod, but more on that later, the first few maps are done, working on a basic training/ tutorial map now and have to come up with a nice bossfight later on and if thats done i will release the first episode called prologue.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: sshot.png

User is offline   jimbob 

got a bit tired of the aliens, so i made a mock up german, the uniform is incorrect but atleast it gives a general idea of how it wil look, and gives me a good test run to see what ill run into when i start to take photographs of a correct german uniform, and finish my US soldier.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: MGgunner.png

User is offline   jimbob 

a test of the M1 garand i made. needs some work, like a reload animation and some fixing.

now to figure out how to make the enbloc fly off aswell as shells.

User is offline   jimbob 

heres the video, embedded doesnt work for whatever reason.

User is offline   jimbob 

good news everybody, i have an appointment with my buddy so we can digitise some germans! this wil be a mayor update!

as for progress, so far i have added some new things or modified them to my liking

*pervitin! works kinda like the steroids, but with a slight healing effect
*binoculars, use them to call artillery strikes on certain locations

the next couple of things to be added are

*civillians
*germans! a variety of germans wil be shot ( har )
*more maps
*waves of soldiers to be fought before you can progress.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options