Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] DUKE NUKEM EXTINCTION Pt.3 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] DUKE NUKEM EXTINCTION Pt.3  "This is the last map you'll see until i finish episode 1."

User is offline   pavigna 

Hello, Dukers! I've been working non-stop for days on this map. it's really big, with lots of detailing, effects, secrets, references and much more. This map continues the seamless transitions and brings you to the St.Jon Hospital (get it?) You will be facing lots and lots of enemies, as they have fortified the hospital knowing that you would eventually come trough. There's an explosive surprise, so be on the lookout.

To play, insert the ART files in your eduke directory and you're good to go.

Note: The outside sections look funky because in the final release there will be skyboxes, which i already coded but would be too heavy to feature here.

Enjoy!

Attached File(s)

Here's the second, Heavier ART file.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   slacker1 

I like the map so far... Starting without playing levels 1 & 2 beforehand leaves ammo and weapon placement REALLY stingy but do-able.

I ran into one issue I'm probably going to cheat through though.

Spoiler

I'll post more once I manage to finish the level. :)

View Postslacker1, on 07 December 2020 - 02:27 AM, said:

I like the map so far... Starting without playing levels 1 & 2 beforehand leaves ammo and weapon placement REALLY stingy but do-able.

I ran into one issue I'm probably going to cheat through though.

Spoiler

I'll post more once I manage to finish the level. :)

Oh yeah i'm very sorry. i keep making the maps in my own game with my code. the battlelord miniboss is considerably weaker in my mod and as for ammo placement yeah i took into account the previous maps but also wanted to test the player. weapons are nothing like in duke3d. for example the rocket launcher has less ammo troughout the levels but is really good against the crowds of enemies i throw at ya. thanks for the feedback and i'll see what i can do!

I'm having trouble uploading screenshots

This post has been edited by pavigna: 09 December 2020 - 03:31 AM

Imo if you want feedback on the maps, you should post the mod code too. Because it sounds like players feedback from playing with vanilla code wont be entirely accurate or helpful.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options