Duke4.net Forums: Three questions 3d model resizing and sounds not working - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Three questions 3d model resizing and sounds not working

Why are my custom 3d models not staying the size I resize them to in mapster. When you test the map, they go to the original size that they are from the actual file.

I have already added custom sounds/music before and it worked no problem. But now that i'm back resuming my project, the custom sounds don't play at all.There are no errors popping up in the log either. I have tried having quotation marks on the ID number, and without. Still no difference. Wtf is wrong with with this? I even tried using a wav file instead of the ogg to see if that was the issue. Still nothing.... I even tried to add the sounds into the actual game DEF.CON file, still nothing. Seems like adding new custom 3d models and textures works without a hitch, but for some reason sounds is a no go. What am I doing wrong here?

Music { ID "E5L1" file "1337DA/HD/Music/depart.ogg" }

Sound { ID "448" file "1337DA/HD/Music/DanceM.wav" }
Sound { ID "449" file "1337DA/HD/Music/MDanceM.ogg" }

Also, Is there a way to make monsters not be able to see you through glass? Or react to seeing you? I have a map where there is tinted glass from the outside so you can't see in, but inside you can see you. I want the monsters to not try and shoot you through the glass. So when you open the doors they are still standing in the positions I originally placed them.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Most of the original game's monsters have hardcoded sizes that they will always change to on map load. If you want them to keep the size you set in the maps, I think you will need to add code in EVENT_LOADACTOR to save their xrepeat and yrepeat structure members to per-actor gamevars, and add code in EVENT_SPAWN to re-apply them.

Have you added `definesound` statements in the CONs for these new sounds? The def syntax is primarily intended for replacing existing sounds, but I'm not sure if it is sufficient to define a new sound for the first time.

User is offline   Mark 

Are you using a newer version of eduke32 than the one you were using before? If yes, try using the old version again to see if it goes back to working properly.

Danukem and I both experienced custom sounds not playing with newer versions ( back in July ) . The issue was not looked into AFAIK, so we both did workarounds which was to bundle all sounds into one folder and they all started playing. In my case I was updating my HHR project with the recent eduke32 at that time and many of my sounds stopped playing and there were no log errors.

From my post back in July...7754 was the last working revision. Next public release of 7765 was bad. In the change log, 7758 shows a change made to sounds.

This post has been edited by Mark: 28 November 2020 - 11:26 AM

This is what I've tried in the game def.con file;

DEFS.CON file

define JOKE                           397
// MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SOUNDS: 450 ( 0-449 )

define DanceM                         448
define MDanceM                      449

I tried this too, but this is when I'd get an error when trying to do this;

define DanceM 448
definesound 448 1337DA/HD/Music/DanceM.wav 0 0 255 1  0 

View PostMark, on 28 November 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Are you using a newer version of eduke32 than the one you were using before? If yes, try using the old version again to see if it goes back to working properly.

Danukem and I both experienced custom sounds not playing with newer versions ( back in July ) . The issue was not looked into AFAIK, so we both did workarounds which was to bundle all sounds into one folder and they all started playing. In my case I was updating my HHR project with the recent eduke32 at that time and many of my sounds stopped playing and there were no log errors.

From my post back in July...7754 was the last working revision. Next public release of 7765 was bad. In the change log, 7758 shows a change made to sounds.

I just recently updated to the newest version.... So that might be it, because before I updated; everything worked.........I just tried the going back to 7754 and it didn't change anything. I even reverted my code back to what it was before I started messing with it to get it working again. Also used a known working sound and it didn't work.

• Weaponized Autism

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 28 November 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

define DanceM 448
definesound 448 1337DA/HD/Music/DanceM.wav 0 0 255 1  0 

What error do you get with this? You could make it:

define DanceM 448
definesound DanceM 1337DA/HD/Music/DanceM.wav 0 0 255 1  0 

But it should still work without this, and other than that I don't see anything wrong with the syntax. Are you sure you're putting it in a CON file and not a def?

View PostHendricks266, on 28 November 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

What error do you get with this? You could make it:

define DanceM 448
definesound DanceM 1337DA/HD/Music/DanceM.wav 0 0 255 1  0 

But it should still work without this, and other than that I don't see anything wrong with the syntax. Are you sure you're putting it in a CON file and not a def?

.Error on line 1337DA/HD/HDMusic.CON:56.
Error on line 1337DA/HD/HDMusic.CON:56.

Line:56             definesound 449 1337DA/HD/Music/MDanceM.ogg     0 0 255 1  0

• Weaponized Autism

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 28 November 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

.Error on line 1337DA/HD/HDMusic.CON:56.

That "Error on line" statement is part of the def parser. These tokens need to be read as part of the CON files. Including a CON file from a def file won't work. Add "include 1337DA/HD/HDMusic.CON" to the bottom of GAME.CON for example.

View PostHendricks266, on 28 November 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

That "Error on line" statement is part of the def parser. These tokens need to be read as part of the CON files. Including a CON file from a def file won't work. Add "include 1337DA/HD/HDMusic.CON" to the bottom of GAME.CON for example.

Added the include to the Game.con and now nothing is even happening.

The way I had everything setup, it was all done by def files; there were no con files. I was using Duke Plus and my custom content. And now that I have coded everything to run from the Eduke.con and then to the proper def and con files in my custom game folder. Duke Plus wont work. And if I get it to work, my content doesn't work but Duke Plus does.... At least my custom sounds are now working again. Thank you Hendricks for pointing me in the right direction! Had nothing to do with the version, it was my fault for the shitty defs all over lol.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options