Duke4.net Forums: building the Eduke32 for Ion fury? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

building the Eduke32 for Ion fury?

User is offline   Jim 

So I have been building Eduke32 from the source code normally with msys2, but I heard that to building the eduke for Ion fury, you need to put in an additional command. What command do I need? Ion fury seems to run with regular eduke. Am I missing something? Thanks!

make FURY=1

To speed it up, add the -jX parameter, replacing X with the number of parallel processes you want to compile with.

User is offline   dwtietz 

It'll run fine using eduke32.exe. If you use the FURY=1 flag, it just strips out some Duke specific stuff that doesn't pertain to Ion Fury.

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postdwtietz, on 30 November 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

It'll run fine using eduke32.exe. If you use the FURY=1 flag, it just strips out some Duke specific stuff that doesn't pertain to Ion Fury.

I'm pretty sure there will be some issues if you use EDuke32.exe without the FURY flag, though I can't remember which issues specifically; unless that's old news by now.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 30 November 2020 - 10:05 AM

User is offline   dwtietz 

View PostMetHy, on 30 November 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure there will be some issues if you use EDuke32.exe without the FURY flag, though I can't remember which issues specifically; unless that's old news by now.

Maybe old news... Not sure. I've never really encountered any issues, although I generally don't use eduke32.exe myself to play Ion Fury. When I do compile, I create fury.exe files with some modifications that I've made to the source code to tailor suite it the way I like it. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options