Duke4.net Forums: Are there any Drone or Slimer mods? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are there any Drone or Slimer mods?

While playing Duke3d the other day, I realized just how annoying Drones and Slimers are. Has anyone out there modded them to make them different? I was thinking something like a Drone that shot projectiles and didn't blow up, etc...

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I didn't do anything that extensive, but I personally run a 2/3 health, double damage mod for the drones. That is, reduce their HP from 150 to 100 and then up their explosion damage to be double. I was inspired by Nuclear Showdown which did something similar, which at least for me made them less of a nuisance and more of an actual threat but one that can still be dealt with.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 12 November 2020 - 07:32 PM

User is online   DevoNukem 

Something for the slimer I've been thinking about is some headcrab-type deal where it jumps and bites you instead of attaching to your face and blocking your view.
Would that be possible in Build?

This post has been edited by Kunt Mackers: 12 November 2020 - 08:55 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You wouldn't even need EDuke32 to program something like that.

About the shooting projectiles and not exploding, Attrition does something like that.

Some drones have turrets attached to them, and for as long as the turret isn't destroyed, you can hug them they will not explode. However, once the turret is destroyed they will detonate against you immediately. Also they can become quite solid as their level increases ...

The slimer is hardcoded and needs to be swapped out for another tile at load time in order to change it.

The drone actor can be altered in CON.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 13 November 2020 - 02:38 PM

User is offline   Šneček 

While reading this i remembered one mod, where the sentry drone sprites were replaced by cute dope fish pictures (from Commander Keen series), but the sounds and explosions are exactly the same.
Anyway, the link is here: http://www.nitro404....one_2_dope_fish

This post has been edited by Šneček: 05 December 2020 - 06:22 AM

User is offline   Mark 

In my Graveyard TC I changed the drone to the flaming skull from Doom. I disabled firing but kept the explosion on contact. Since I slowed down player speed, I probably slowed down their speed too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options