Duke4.net Forums: Trouble using custom sounds with eduke32+World Tour - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble using custom sounds with eduke32+World Tour

User is offline   randir14 

I'm trying to use custom .oggs to replace some of the sounds in World Tour. I've dragged them into the sounds folder, and here's what happens:

A - If I use eduke32 and World Tour *without* the Stopgap, the custom sounds work. However there are developer commentary icons all over the levels that I can't turn off. I tried the setvar commentary 0 command, but the console gave an error.

B - If I use eduke32 and World Tour *with* the Stopgap, the custom sounds don't work, instead the game just plays the default sounds.

Does anyone know how I can get these sounds working with eduke32+World Tour+Stopgap? I'm using the latest version of everything, I also tried the newest eduke synthesis build.

This post has been edited by randir14: 28 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I think the stopgap is specifically coded NOT to use the Ogg sounds supplied with world tour as they are worse quality than the VOCs in Duke3D.grp

Maybe that's why it won't play your replacement sounds either?

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 October 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

I think the stopgap is specifically coded NOT to use the Ogg sounds supplied with world tour as they are worse quality than the VOCs in Duke3D.grp

Maybe that's why it won't play your replacement sounds either?

I guess that would make sense. But I just noticed it's happening with other content as well - for example the voxel pack doesn't work with the Stopgap but it does when I don't use the Stopgap.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

That's because the duke3d.def in the stopgap overrides the one in the voxel pack. You'll have to merge the two. Also grab the WT maphacks while you're at it

Thanks, the voxels work now.

Ended up figuring it out. In case anyone else has the same problem you just need to open E32WT_CODE.CON with a text editor and delete any listings for the sounds you want to override.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options