Duke4.net Forums: Can't get eduke32 to play nicely with Duke Nukem 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't get eduke32 to play nicely with Duke Nukem 3D

Hi,

Like my previous thread about making eduke32 work with only Duke Nukem 3D with Ion Fury launch UI. the previous thread in regards to this just turned out to be an absolute shitshow of a thread, so it'll be better to start a new thread from scratch to saver myself the embarrassment from doing that shit again in the near future, I am to blame the inconsistencies.

So, let's begin, I am using r8798 version of Eduke32 and should have made this clear earlier in my previous thread and I want to apply a patch that adds in functionality to look for Duke3d's game data and ONLY duke3d's data and nothing else as standalone and retail menu values set to 1, Like Ion Fury global profile values and its exec looking for its own data, Hopefully I can do something similar for Shadow Warrior in the future. In the previous thread, Hendricks266 submitted a patch for what it is I wanted to do with eduke32 and here are the results for said patch with help from comorbidity and the method of applying the patch, However I need to highlight the patch itself has problems.

This time I have changed the default values in Global Profiles in GnuMakeFile from 1 to 0, (pre-patch) and compiled eduke32 with my custom UI and ran it with all its game data and ran lovely, however it prints the main name twice along with the map name in the title bar in my current Windows 8.1 workstation.

Here's what I did in msys2 terminal:

COMMAND: patch -p1 < patch.diff

OUTPUT FROM COMMAND WHEN COMPLETE BELOW:

(Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
patching file source/duke3d/src/common.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 571 with fuzz 1.
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
patching file source/duke3d/src/grpscan.cpp
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
Hunk #2 succeeded at 72 with fuzz 2.

When attempting to compile, exits with status 1 and points out that there's a few unterminated #ifndef's in common.cpp starting from line 532 and where of which else there are errors found, with patch applied and app compiled and then dragged the exec to the game directory; it's slow to run and when it launches and with the chosen resolution and renderer, it crashes even with the two main values STANDALONE & RETAIL_MENU being changed back to 1 instead of 0 in the makefile.

I need a better version of the patch since I still can't get the game to run as standalone and the patch abruptly finishes in the middle of the line as stated above as well as other fixes that may apply.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options