Duke4.net Forums: Shrinker problem - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shrinker problem

User is offline   NNC 

What seemed like a gameplay issue first (see this post: https://forums.duke4...977#entry350977), in reality it's an issue with the latest snapshot of EDuke32.

In short: The shrinker ray is blocked by walls in Anarchy Village episode E3M3. Normally it shouldn't, I tried a random old snapshot, and it worked fine. I'm not sure, is it related to some bugfix of shrinker aiming at bosses?

View PostThe Watchtower, on 17 October 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

What seemed like a gameplay issue first (see this post: https://forums.duke4...977#entry350977), in reality it's an issue with the latest snapshot of EDuke32.

In short: The shrinker ray is blocked by walls in Anarchy Village episode E3M3. Normally it shouldn't, I tried a random old snapshot, and it worked fine. I'm not sure, is it related to some bugfix of shrinker aiming at bosses?

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the shrinker bolt should be going through the miniscule tiny hole in the wall, then be reflected around in a circle by mirrors until it gets to the position where the player can be shrunk and have enough time to pass through?

If so, then yes at some point the shrinker's collision was changed.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 18 October 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the shrinker bolt should be going through the miniscule tiny hole in the wall, then be reflected around in a circle by mirrors until it gets to the position where the player can be shrunk and have enough time to pass through?

If so, then yes at some point the shrinker's collision was changed.

Yep, it should go through. With the new version, the level is broken.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options