Duke4.net Forums: Set input .avel to zero has no affect in r9257 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Set input .avel to zero has no affect in r9257

Set input .avel to zero has no affect in r9257. Player can still turning.

onevent EVENT_PROCESSINPUT
        seti .avel 0 //has no affect

seti .fvel 0 //work properly
        seti .svel 0 //work properly too
endevent

The same applies to the input[].horz struct member.

Caused by r8551, i.e. the mouse input changes.

I was searching for reports or logs with the same issue; i declare this as a very important fix to do because some stuff i was developing developing is literally broken.

I have random recalls of this bug occurring before, maybe i can do a better search

The stuct member is updated properly, as I can retrieve the updated values with geti through CON. The internal avel value also gets updated by the TURN LEFT and TURN RIGHT keys, and is subsequently applied to the player's angle value.

The issue stems from the following changes:

Attached Image: change1.png
Attached Image: change2.png

pPlayer->q16ang is no longer updated with pPlayer.input->q16avel, which is the value that is update via CON. The same applies for horiz and horz.
It would be necessary for the game to recognize if a CON script is trying to change the avel and horz values, and then applies these changes to q16ang and q16horiz.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 13 April 2021 - 06:32 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options