Duke4.net Forums: Open JDK Platform Binary (BuildGDX v1.15) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open JDK Platform Binary (BuildGDX v1.15)

So, I've been playing One Unit Whole Blood via BuildGDX for a while now and ever since v1.07 (still happening as of the most current version, v1.15), the below happens:

Whenever I close out the game, some program Open JDK Platform Binary stays open in the background until I manually go into the Task Manager and end the process there. Is there a way to make this program end by itself once you close the game out?

The first time I saw this, I didn't notice it until I went back into my Steam library to start the game back up, only to see the button say "Stop" instead of "Play"; took me some rooting around in the Task Manager to see exactly what was still running and that's when I saw this program for the first time. I did some Googling and found out that the program is Java-related (which I know is what BuildGDX runs out), and once I deleted the process, it closed down the game completely, so I could actually start it again. I didn't notice this for like...a good few hours, therefore my playtime on Blood is rather higher than what it should be lol

I'm kinda thinking this might be a Windows 10 issue, because, if memory serves, on my previous rig (which ran Windows 7), I don't think I ever ran into this issue on any of the versions of BloodGDX (what it was just called back then, before all the individual games got merged into BuildGDX) I played on...but that's just a guess at this point.

Thanks for any help you can give!

User is offline   jkas789 

Have you tried not using Steam to manage BuildGDX? Maybe run the source port executable on its own and see what happens?

Also Chozo Ghost? I see you have good taste as well my friend.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 10 October 2020 - 07:21 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options