Duke4.net Forums: Duke nukem 3d vs Reloaded vs (Serius duke?) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke nukem 3d vs Reloaded vs (Serius duke?)  "Compare difference?"

User is offline   lmh1 

Hi:
. Go get Serious Sam 3 Fusion.
2. Install Serious Duke 3D from the Steam workshop.
3. Download the level editor.
4. Make your own adventure.

Hi did some one know why duke nukem 3d and reloaded and serius duke not be make to one?
Its harder to develop in old duke nukem 3d there its moved to other serius sam 3 fusion grapic monitor?

Becauce i find:

Newbie guide, but not sure for duke nukem 3d?
But did not find how to load Serious Duke 3D project source?

This post has been edited by lmh1: 08 October 2020 - 03:54 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

You aren't a native english speaker right? As a english speaking mexican may I suggest you use Google translate before posting? I find when I don't know how to write my ideas in English it really helps sometimes to machine translate them first.

Anyways to answer your questions (I think):

Hi did some one know why duke nukem 3d and reloaded and serius duke not be make to one?
Its harder to develop in old duke nukem 3d there its moved to other serius sam 3 fusion grapic monitor?

Because the three are not the same game. Duke Nukem 3D was the original made by 3D Realms in 1996, and it was made on the Build engine. Duke nukem reloaded was cancelled a fan game that was in dev afaik from 2010 to 2011-2012 (someone out there will correct me I'm sure) and it was developed on the Unreal Engine. Serious Duke is a mod for Serious Sam 3 wich itself afaik was developed on their own proprietary engine.

Now I'm a doctor and not a programmer. However I wager that merging three different "games" (one which does not exists) that work on three different engines would be impossible.

Newbie guide, but not sure for duke nukem 3d?
But did not find how to load Serious Duke 3D project source?

The video you linked is not showing up for me. Did you link it correctly?

Also If you want a newbie guide to modding Duke Nukem 3D on the user end side than you would be glad to know that I am working on one. It will eventually (hopefully) be finished once COVID-19 stops making my life miserable as a doctor and I can have more free time. Someday. If there is one that already exists that I do not know of please someone post it on this thread so that this guy can read it and I cross it off my list.

If you want to play Serious Suke 3D you need to aquire Serious Sam 3 and follow this guide. If you can't understand english that well then I suggest using again google translate.

Good luck mate.

User is offline   lmh1 

Sorry but i not very good at english but google translate did not do good works.

But i understand it.
But its serius sam fusion beta 2017 not Serious Sam 3 i think first its was issue on game that its did not loaded.

I think duke nukem 3d Mega edition its the biggest game, but its use old grapics not same as duke nukem forever and serius duke.

But did you have time to make youtube? to show how to download mega edition core and edit games?
Same with serius duke?

If you know to post youtube url i think issue is the forum settings or how its add youtube because other forum did have url or its works better there.

Because i think serius sam 2017 editior or other editior its much easy for newbeginner its much youtube on it.

How to add https://developer.nv.../rtx/raytracing on games?
What did game developer use on share game projectfiles? TortoiseSVN, github, google drive or other?

User is offline   Lunick 

There is no RTX for any Duke Nukem games that I am aware of, or at least no finished products.

Megaton no longer exists, you have to buy Duke Nukem 3D from ZOOM or from Steam (not Recommended)

User is offline   lmh1 

Lunick, on 08 October 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

There is no RTX for any Duke Nukem games that I am aware of, or at least no finished products.

Megaton no longer exists, you have to buy Duke Nukem 3D from ZOOM or from Steam (not Recommended)

But i did not understand why Quake II RTX exist?

Why did its not completed serius duke?
Its only 2 level of 4 that will loaded.

I have duke nukem megaton edition. But hope its possible or easy to add maps from it to serius duke.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot_20201009_070224.png
  • Attached Image: Screenshot_20201009_070632.png

This post has been edited by lmh1: 08 October 2020 - 09:08 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

lmh1, on 08 October 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

But i did not understand why Quake II RTX exist?

Why did its not completed serius duke?
Its only 2 level of 4 that will loaded.

I have duke nukem megaton edition. But hope its possible or easy to add maps from it to serius duke.

NVIDIA made Quake II RTX

You can't add more maps from Megaton to Serious Duke, they are custom made.

User is online   Phredreeke 

A short recap, please correct me if I got anything wrong

- HRP was started around 15 years ago, with the intent of updating the game's visuals to a "modern standard"
- 11 years ago, Polymer was released. It was at a time intended replace Polymost as hardware renderer. At some point Plagman, the primary developer of Polymer, was hired by Valve, after which Polymer development stalled.
- Over time, general preference moved towards preserving the game's original aesthetic, while HRP contributors were put off by the lack of progress with the Polymer renderer.
- At some point, someone ported Duke3D levels to Serious Sam 2017 using the HRP's assets. This would be in violation of the HRP license unless permission was received from the original creators. I assume permission was received because I haven't really seen any talk about it and the Serious Duke mod was even featured on the Duke4 homepage.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I think it's more of a "no one cares, no one's complaining" situation.

User is offline   NNC 

Serious Duke 3D did a fantastic job given it was made by two people, but it's far from classic Duke 3D. AFAIK only the first episode exists there and an extra part with Dr. Proton. I'm not sure how can you ask to port everything magically there from usermaps to the other official episodes.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 09 October 2020 - 11:17 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

AFAIK only the first episode exists there and an extra part with Dr. Proton. I'm not sure how can you ask to port everything magically there from usermaps to the other official episodes.

I would assume that someone would have to bunker down and remake the rest of the game on the SS3 engine, assets and all right?

User is offline   NNC 

jkas789, on 09 October 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

I would assume that someone would have to bunker down and remake the rest of the game on the SS3 engine, assets and all right?

After all we are in the middle of this shitty pandemic, quarantine time is not ridiculed these days.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Multiple problems with Polymer combined with the general disdain shown to the HRP put a lot of modellers off. Trying to make modern assets with ancient model formats and tools and a broken renderer put paid to the Duke modelling scene. Polymer, when it all works well, looks great. Making content for it though is a huge pain in the ass.

A lot of the pre-polymer models were jumbled into the later HRP along with polymer-made assets. A lot of the older models looked their age and didn't fit in with the newer assets. No attempt was made to adjust the appearance of the older models under polymer and they wound up looking like they were made of latex. The mix of old and new was jarring.

On a more positive note, as far as I know, Roma Loom and others have been plugging away at the wall and floor/ceiling textures for years now and last I looked, they were of a high standard.

Before Serious Duke3d, there was a Duke BFG by Kaffeebohnson, where most of the monsters from DNF were ported over to work in SS3.
https://steamcommuni...es/?appid=41070

After that, there was a mod where you could play SS3 as the character of Duke. The results were amazing. Duke fit right in as if the game was made for him. Pan, Batandy, Viper45 Sedinus and Noam 2000 all contributed to this version.

https://youtu.be/8DCq_NQ4oOY

There is a link to the steam workshop page on the Youtube link.

Serious Duke3d was mostly made by Syndroid. I provided some props, vehicles and the pig cop tank. I don't know if he asked permission for the assets in the HRP. As far as I know, he authored the levels all by himself. This recreated the first episode of Duke Nukem 3D by putting all the parts together in the SS3 Fusion engine.

After he made the first episode of Duke3D in SS3, the plan was to do something new and original, taking Duke3D off into new territory. I haven't heard from him in a while, so I don't know what is going on or what is planned further for the project.

Now, imagine if the Duke modelling community hadn't evaporated. There could have been people to help create levels for SS3, to adjust the behaviour code of monsters to more closely match a Duke game. More props, new monsters, new levels and stories. Gearbox isn't going to make a new Duke game? The community used to be chock-full of talent and enthusiasm. We could have made our own. That's all gone now.

There could have been, now that we know it's possible, a project to make a new fan-made Duke game on a modern engine. That isn't happening, and probably is now unlikely to happen, as the modelling community all disappeared years ago. That's a shame.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 12 October 2020 - 04:49 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: the beaver.jpg

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Quake II RTX was made as a marketing tool for people to test out their new RTX cards on. It's not any kind of attempt to create something for the fans. Most fans of old games don't want anything fancy anyway.

IceColdDuke is working on an RTX version of Quake I and Hexen II. I believe he was working on a raytraced version of Duke Nukem 3D. I can't keep any of it straight any more.

User is offline   lmh1 

I also find
But none one can show how this be maded in editor how they develop it?

User is offline   Aleks 

That's from Bulletstorm's Duke Nukem Tour DLC, which allows you to swap main protagonist for Duke who has no idea how he got there, but kind of fits to the realms of the game anyway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options