Duke4.net Forums: It is possible to make custom maps for Duke2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It is possible to make custom maps for Duke2

User is offline   Abashi76 

I just found out it is possible make maps for Duke Nukem 2 a few months ago.

https://www.reddit.c...i_level_editor/

I was wanting to make maps for this. The editor can make custom maps and edit some of the game's graphics.

I took a few screens practicing.

https://images-wixmp...m54dtasW9WsGZ-c
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Abashi76: 28 September 2020 - 12:27 PM

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

I made a thread for this editor here on duke4 back when I originally released the editor, but it's now buried in the depths of the Duke Nukem subforum.

Would be nice to see an actualy level pack for Duke 2 at some point in the future. The editor has been out there for years, but nobody seems to have released any custom levels so far, at least none that I'm aware of. But even if you don't end up releasing a level pack, it's good to hear you're having some fun with the editor.

User is offline   Aleks 

That's awesome to find something like this 27 years after the game release! Now all of a sudden, this made me want to replay Duke 1 and 2 after almost 20 years, I think I only completed them once after getting my hands on Kill-A-Ton CD in early 2000's. That Zoom platform would be my best bet to get them I suppose?

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

Yeah, Zoom seems to be the only place that is still selling digital downloads of the Duke Nukem platformers. The only other option would be buying a used copy. The original v1.3D CD release of Duke Nukem 3D also came with the full versions of Duke Nukem 1 and 2 and should be far more common and easier to find than physical releases of the first two games on their own. The Atomic Edition of Duke 3D does not include the first two games, so don't buy that if you're just looking for the first two games.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to try and make some DNII levels of my own now.

View PostK1n9_Duk3, on 28 September 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

I made a thread for this editor here on duke4 back when I originally released the editor, but it's now buried in the depths of the Duke Nukem subforum.

Would be nice to see an actualy level pack for Duke 2 at some point in the future. The editor has been out there for years, but nobody seems to have released any custom levels so far, at least none that I'm aware of. But even if you don't end up releasing a level pack, it's good to hear you're having some fun with the editor.

I was thinking of making a level pack for this game. I was planning on making 7 levels per episode; some of them would have unique themes (as in skybox vs texture set). I couldn't figure out how to load and save maps yet.

This post has been edited by Abashi76: 06 October 2020 - 12:04 PM

View PostK1n9_Duk3, on 28 September 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

Has anybody ever made custom levels, can any be downloaded? I would like to know how to open the original levels from the game. Somebody was able to play the game without the enemies for instance; in the link below.

https://www.youtube....wPtUEvHslDMqUIN

Sorry for the double post.

This post has been edited by Abashi76: 09 August 2021 - 10:04 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options