Duke4.net Forums: Crystal Caves HD Announced - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crystal Caves HD Announced

View Postnecroslut, on 13 October 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I think you're right. It appears Softdisk published Dangerous Dave 2-4 (only 2 which was done by id) on GOG, so they probably own the rights to those still. Dangerous Dave 1 predates Softdisk I believe, as it was an Apple II game originally, and might be why it's not on GOG with the others. Well, if they're owned by Softdisk then it's still not very likely to happen.

Yeah, I had forgotten about the Dangerous Dave iPhone remake -- so it does appear he still owns the rights to that one. It's a bit of a shame it's only on iPhone; I would check it out if it was on PC.

You may also like to try Haunted Lands and Dave In Dangerous World.

User is offline   Rellik 

Looks like it has been released for 7.99 USD
https://store.steamp...ystal_Caves_HD/

Not a bad price, I was expecting around $15-20

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That's very fair, I was expecting $9.99.

LGR made one of the first custom levels for the new version.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

That price is just about on the edge for me. Will think about it. At this price it will hardly go down much during sales.

User is offline   VGA 

View PostNightFright, on 16 October 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

That price is just about on the edge for me. Will think about it. At this price it will hardly go down much during sales.

Bruh, keep your money for Ion Fury, Prodeus, DUSK, WRATH: Aeon of Ruin, GRAVEN.

• The Truth is in here

I already have IF, unless you mean the DLC. Anyway, 8 bucks wouldn't make anybody poor. Still... it's a very old game with rather subtle improvements. I am not in that phase any more in which I blindly buy everything if the price is just low enough.

User is offline   Lunick 

There's a 25% off loyalty discount too if you already own Crystal Caves on Steam. If I am to be honest, if you already own Crystal Caves then you probably don't need to exactly play this new version. The updated framerate, art, extra episode and Workshop are nice but not a huge leap over the DOS original. I'd definitely check it out if you're interested however though.

• The Truth is in here

Can I get the discount also if I send a picture of myself holding the original floppy disk with the game label? :P

User is offline   Frenkel 

View Postnecroslut, on 13 October 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I think you're right. It appears Softdisk published Dangerous Dave 2-4 (only 2 which was done by id) on GOG, so they probably own the rights to those still. Dangerous Dave 1 predates Softdisk I believe, as it was an Apple II game originally, and might be why it's not on GOG with the others. Well, if they're owned by Softdisk then it's still not very likely to happen.

Yeah, I had forgotten about the Dangerous Dave iPhone remake -- so it does appear he still owns the rights to that one. It's a bit of a shame it's only on iPhone; I would check it out if it was on PC.

John Romero says Dangerous Dave 1 is free,

I hope they make also Bio Menace, Secret Agent HD!

• The Truth is in here

Now that I finally bought and started playing it, I gotta say it's quite worth it. I kinda missed those games that only required four keys to play them...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options