Duke4.net Forums: Displaying an Indicator Sprite for Something Being Toggled. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Displaying an Indicator Sprite for Something Being Toggled.

User is offline   HELLMOUSE 

Does anyone know how to draw a sprite like an indicator to the screen?

I have a "Health Regeneration" toggle and an "Auto Item Pickup" toggle. I'm trying to figure out how to draw an indication sprite to the screen, say either at the lower left or right, that stays there if that feature is turned on. Another question is does that stuff automatically move when you "+" or "-" the screen?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

You are making too many threads. I'll answer this one, but you can put all your queries into one thread, there are already some existing ones for this purpose.

Use rotatesprite or some variant of it in a display event to draw things on the hud. Set the RS_NOCLIP bit on the orientation paremeter if you DON'T want it affected by screen_size (the + and - sizing). EDIT: when you study the rotatesprite wiki entry and experiment with it, note that the last 4 parameters have to do with screen boundaries.

Presumably you have declared your own gamevars and set them appropriately depending on whether the player owns an item or ability. Simply check that and only use the screen drawing command when appropriate.

This post has been edited by Danukem: 05 September 2020 - 05:10 PM

User is offline   HELLMOUSE 

Thanks for the help! That worked. :)

This post has been edited by HELLMOUSE: 07 September 2020 - 01:25 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options