Duke4.net Forums: Redneck Redemption - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck Redemption  "A Update to Redneck Rampages Quality"

Redneck Redemption

A update to make Redneck Rampage/Rides Again/Route 66 a little closer to the Quality of the other flagship build games.

Also merge all three games into one. Plus assets from Redneck Hunting.
If hunting gets added to the rednukem port I'll try and merge it too.
Would be nice to have all the Redneck games in one package.

You need the Redneck Rampage Rides Again GRP file to play.

What is in the Update/Mod

Map edits
Update the maps but keep them as close to the original as possible but looking better à la Duke64:Duke3d.

E1M1 - 99% done
E1M2 - 4% done

Coot - Fixed Offsets
-Had broken animation to raise and lower gun before/after firing gun. Fixed
-Had animation to fall to the ground and get back up but not working. Fixed
-If you are more then 2048 units away he will fall down 25% of the time, if you are less then 2048 he will fall down every time.
-Had wrong order for death frames 2 and 4 , Swapped them now it actually looks good.
-Had 2 worthless frames in death. To similar to the previous frames but no good, it just made the animation look janky. Fixed
-Speed up death animation. This helps distinguish if you killed or just knocked him down. Also makes killing feel more responsive.
-Added eyes too all frames. A few frames could still use a little touch up but I think it looks good.

-BillyRay - Fixed Offsets

-Mosquito - What a lack luster enemy this was. Only had frames for facing you, No visual effect when damaging you, no sound when you kill it, no dead body.

NOT ANYMORE.

-Added Buzzing sound (hopefully Its not annoying).
-Replaced the crappy Art with voxels. WOW did that work good. Added sound when you kill it, more guts, a dead body, and spawns green blood pool.

It is a lot more fun to kill/fight them now.

-Fixed some bad colored pixels in the art tiles here and there.

-Added Voxels
Pickup Voxels - 13 Shotgun looks sub par I know
Props Voxels - 27
Enemy Voxels - 1

New art for the Shotguns first person view.

Handgun fires 2x as fast.
Shotgun has 2x as many pellets per shot ( 20 now )
AK has better recoil. ( no aim reset after firing )

https://imgur.com/a/caUz3i4

Get the mod here.

http://www.mediafire...inj440ewid/file

More to come in the future.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 30 August 2020 - 07:30 PM

User is offline   jkas789 

Cool mod mate! Im starting to get again into RR and this looks promising for a new playthrough.

Quick question: Would this work with the Redneck Rampage Collection from GOG?

Ya You just need the Redneck rampage rides again GRP.

First off, thanks for all your work.

With that out of the way, I have a few questions: could you provide more detail on how the three games are planned to be merged (if they aren't already), and exactly what assets from Redneck Deer Hunting the mod uses?

Anyway, I can't wait to try this out once I get home. Thanks once again!

User is offline   max_nukem 

I have a system error, Win 7
https://prnt.sc/u98199

Can you play the normal Redneck Rampage game with a unedited Rednukem.exe. You can get that here https://lerppu.net/wannabethesis/ .

User is offline   HMNuke93 

loved the idea and look of the first map, wanna see more!

This post has been edited by HMNuke93: 01 September 2020 - 12:56 AM

View PostPutrid Pete, on 31 August 2020 - 04:16 AM, said:

could you provide more detail on how the three games are planned to be merged

and exactly what assets from Redneck Deer Hunting the mod uses?

I have all the maps from all the game's in the mod right now setup as episode one through six. You can access The MP maps and hunting maps with the user map option, hunting maps missing some textures and all codding for enemies and effects.

I do not know if maps after E1L1 work right. I have had to do some fiddling with the art to get stuff to look how I want. I might have broken things on maps I have yet to edit.

To merge the Base game and expansions I had to fix some overlapping art tiles. Also there are some overlapping sounds. Coot is using his Rides again sounds right now. Nothing to difficult with mixing them.

As for hunting. Most of the art was not overlapping. It was just mixed into the original art tiles where there was blank spaces. The animals art overlap stuff from the base game but is easy enough to move.

I think everything in the hunting game is hardcoded. Also it has not yet been reverse engineered by Nuke.YKT. So I will have to program the animals myself or wait.

For now I have most of the art tiles from Hunting added so I can use the new art. Like trees, branches on the ground, leaves, piles of rock, and other wilderness details.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 01 September 2020 - 06:04 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Make the keys visible (ie bigger, colorful and use dynamic lights as well maybe). Also create new maps. The original maps are Master Levels for Doom-tier. Wait, Sverre Kvernmo is responsible for both.

Have you seen what I did to the First map? I could try and make new maps. But I want people that have nostalgia for the original too play this and feel just like they remember it. Not just how it was but how people remember stuff "through rose colored glasses". But now that's the actual game.

What your talking about sounds something like Duke 3d vs Lame Duke. What I'm going for is like Duke 64 vs Duke 3D. Just a Little upgrade with the same feel of the original.

Making a full new Episode after upgrading everything might happen. I would know how to use all the art assets really good by then too.

I know I need to put up some pictures or video of some of the new areas in the first map. There is a lot of new stuff too see and the old stuff has been made a little more palatable.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 01 September 2020 - 11:34 AM

View Post-=SomeThingEviL=-, on 31 August 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Can you play the normal Redneck Rampage game with a unedited Rednukem.exe. You can get that here https://lerppu.net/wannabethesis/ .

normal redneck works ok, but redemption still crashes even after installing of latest visual C++

Use the normal EXE in Redneck Redemption and add this patch http://www.mediafire...3uxgfr2r24/file . See if that works.

You will be losing the weapon edits. And the coot and dog will be missing some hardcoded effect.

I probably did something wrong with compiling the custom exe. I'm not use to working with source code and compiling exe's or working with Visual Studio.
I'm only messing around with it because rednukem lacks Eduek32's hardcode editing with con scripting.

View Post-=SomeThingEviL=-, on 02 September 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

Use the normal EXE in Redneck Redemption and add this patch http://www.mediafire...3uxgfr2r24/file . See if that works.

with normal exe, I only see the original game, without changes on maps, voxels.

User is online   DougQuaid 

you created debug build in visual studio, this needs debug runtime which cannot be installed separately and is included only in visual studio, therefore it will not run without visual studio installed. Switch to release build (in the toolbar at the top of visual studio window) and it should work

Thanks DougQuaid. You where right, I was making the wrong type of exe.

Patch 2 With fixed exe. http://www.mediafire...s2j9iwgus3/file

Finally had the opportunity to play the 1.2 demo and so far I'm pretty impressed. I only have played the first level so this is a first impressions but I like what you are doing. Keep this up and this may yet become the definitive way to play Redneck Rampage.

Thanks for your hard work and good luck!

Thanks for the kind words. I have lost some momentum in the last two weeks, this is just what I needed to boost my moral.

Just keep going at it mate. The forums arent' as active as they used to be however i'm sure many people are keeping an eye on this. Have you considered posting on the Discord? Also for a mod this big you may need some help. Maybe soliciting on the discord if you are struggling with something may bear some fruit.

Keep chipping away at it and im sure you'll make something the community will be impressed with. Already the first level feels more complete imo than waht it was originally, but keeping with the spirit and familiarity of the original. Im gonna try to keep playing and give feedback if you thinks its needed.

Cheers and good luck!

This post has been edited by jkas789: 10 September 2020 - 07:08 PM

Dude, please keep this up! It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that cares about RR. You're doing a fantastic job!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options