Duke4.net Forums: Level "Warp" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level "Warp"

User is offline   Strogglet 

Is there any way to "warp" into a level?
Pretty much using the "map" command but not losing any weapons, progress and the like.

I am playing this mod called "War of Attrition", love it, but it's been unmaintained for more than 4 years and seems to have some bugs and anti-QoL stuff, but other than that...The only major problem I have right now is that, while playing the Original Missions, killing the first Alien Lord will transport me to E3L8, the Episode 3 secret level, instead of E2L1, first mission of the second episode.

For reference, the sourceport GZDoom uses "changemap" as the command.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I don't think there's any way around that, sorry. Even though it's the wrong level, completing it should get you back on track. It's my mod, by the way. I probably won't go back to updating that version, but I am planning an update to Alien Armageddon that adds an Attrition mode (large number of randomized maps, more weapon grades, more enemy variants etc. etc)

EDIT: To clarify, the underlying issue is the order of the levels as specified in ATTDEFS.CON is wrong -- so even if you do warp to a different level, you will end up skipping a bunch of levels.

This post has been edited by Danukem: 16 August 2020 - 02:23 AM

View PostDanukem, on 16 August 2020 - 02:08 AM, said:

I don't think there's any way around that, sorry. Even though it's the wrong level, completing it should get you back on track. It's my mod, by the way. I probably won't go back to updating that version, but I am planning an update to Alien Armageddon that adds an Attrition mode (large number of randomized maps, more weapon grades, more enemy variants etc. etc)

EDIT: To clarify, the underlying issue is the order of the levels as specified in ATTDEFS.CON is wrong -- so even if you do warp to a different level, you will end up skipping a bunch of levels.

You know, I did try Alien Armageddon for a bit and I have to admit that I dislike how it's going rather too "over the top", but then I tried the later versions and I can see where you're going, the concept is much better than on the first try.
So considering you're making an Attrition-like gamemode for it, I think that idea is absolutely fuckin' badass. Especially because I LOVE the new gore system you made for Alien Armageddon, so I can hardly wait.

A question about it; will you include a "Random Missions" and "Endless Gameplay" feature for it too? Just like in Attrition.

Anyway back to Attrition, can't I simply fix it by changing the text order in ATTDEFS.CON itself?
EDIT: Seems that doing so will make my save "outdated", damn, very anti-QoL of Build Engine coding.
Might as well just go ahead and continue.

This post has been edited by Strogglet: 16 August 2020 - 08:26 AM

View PostStrogglet, on 16 August 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

EDIT: Seems that doing so will make my save "outdated", damn, very anti-QoL of Build Engine coding.
Might as well just go ahead and continue.

Just for the record, this is no longer the case starting with eduke32 revision r9239. CON changes no longer invalidate a save unless the eduke32 version value is changed, or userdef[].userbyteversion differs between saves.

Additionally, if anyone wants to implement a GZDoom-style changemap cheat, use the following CON code:

onevent EVENT_ACTIVATECHEAT
    ife RETURN 2
    {
        set RETURN -1
        startlevel userdef[].m_volume_number userdef[].m_level_number
    }
endevent

This makes the DNSCOTTY ingame cheat, as well as the `changelevel X Y` console command not take away your weapons when changing map.
This does not affect the `map` console command however.

Damn, too late for that, already went through the 3 levels that were mistakenly put in disorder, quite a pain.
Still, this will be great for future references, thanks.

How exactly do I install that CON code there?

View PostStrogglet, on 17 August 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Damn, too late for that, already went through the 3 levels that were mistakenly put in disorder, quite a pain.
Still, this will be great for future references, thanks.

How exactly do I install that CON code there?

Copy pasting the code to the end of the main con file, which is probably named GAME.CON or something the like, should work.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 17 August 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

Copy pasting the code to the end of the main con file, which is probably named GAME.CON or something the like, should work.

In this case, it's ATTGAME.CON

Works like a charm! Thanks a lot, this should be added into EDuke32 by default.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options