Duke4.net Forums: Console commands missing/different? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Console commands missing/different?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So I just booted up the latest Mapster and tried to run it with Polymer lights and textures and it works except the textures aren't filtered. How do I enable filtering? The r_texfilter command that's listed on the wiki doesn't seem to exist anymore and changing gltexfiltermode in the CFG does nothing and snaps back to 0 after launch. I notice I can't find a specific setting for this when I run eduke32 either in the video options or polymer setup menus but it seems to filter textures automatically there.

EDIT: Scratch that, there's no filtering in eduke32 either. Is this because of the change to Ion Fury that removed filtering?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 July 2020 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I enabled filtering for Eduke32 thru my Nvidia card settings panel. I never thought to try it with Mapster32. I'll try it now...
nope, didn't seem to work for Mapster32.

This post has been edited by Mark: 26 July 2020 - 09:09 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Good idea.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work. At least for me. I'll have to revert to an older build I guess.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I was just about to edit in a nevermind in my previous post but you already read it.
My mistake. I had mixed up my versions of eduke32 in the project folder I tested with. It doesn't work for me either. Unfortunately, my project looks so bad without filtering that any newer eduke without filtering is unusable. Plus my usual complaint about a big hit in framerate with newer builds. So once again I have to stay with builds from a few years ago. :)

This post has been edited by Mark: 26 July 2020 - 09:32 AM

Texture filtering has been disabled with some version of eduke32. There's an explanation floating around somewhere as to why but I can't find it right now.

User is offline   Player Lin 

https://forums.duke4...post__p__326408

TL;DR: Texture Filtering just totally broken and have to disabled, and...

https://forums.duke4...post__p__337048

TX said that will fixed, but don't know when.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options