Duke4.net Forums: Penumbra - A Genuinely Scary Game! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Penumbra - A Genuinely Scary Game!

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Man, this game is scary B)
They should paste a genre name on this game and make more games of this kind. Full length, then.
For a budget game, this game is quite lengthy, I played for 2 hours and I'm still in the first level.
The physics are frustrating though, sometimes you want to put an object in a certain way, and you have to drag your mouse in all direction until it's correct. add to that the gravity working on the object while you are holding it, so it tips over, etc... :)

What I like about this game is the things you hav to go through to repair things etc... I always liked such stuff (NOLF 2 - Ice Station Evil anyone? You can comare it to that, except Penumbra goes a step further, and Penumbra is harder) and I always dreamed of making such level myself.

It's scary because you don't have any weapons.
Here is a screenshot B)

Posted Image

User is offline   Halcyon 

Penumbra has a very interesting concept and I agree, it really IS scary.
However, I wonder if the team plans to license the engine or maybe cooperate with some "indie"-developers techwise. Any thoughts on that?

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

No idea, all I hope is that they make a full length game of it (and make the levels bigger instead of having three times more loading screens than Half-Life).
Come on, there is 2 times more inventory space than there are objects to pick up, a full game is COMPULSORY :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options