Duke4.net Forums: Mapster sprite editing bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster sprite editing bug

User is offline   Jamesfff 

I've discovered a bug in Mapster32 that's been present at least since June. if you hover the mouse pointer over certain sprites (locks, monsters, weapons & pickups), they are not selected for editing; other sprites (newspapapers, random objects, etc.) are selectable however. Screenshots are attached below. In one, the pointer is on a weapon sprite, and in the other it's on a random sprite. Only the random sprite is selected for editing (check the lower left corner of the screenshots).

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png
  • Attached Image: capt0001.png

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It could be an offset on the model definition that is throwing it off, and in that case it's not mapster's fault. Show an example where it's happening on a sprite, not a model

User is offline   Mark 

I just tested on the newest Mapster. In Polymost I can't select ANY model. In Polymer everything works fine. Inaccurate mouse aiming in Mapster/polymost was an issue that I thought was long gone. Maybe its come back to haunt us. I haven't mapped under polymost for years so I have no clue how long its been happening. I noticed another new to me feature. When tagging an SE in 3d mode the screen darkens a bit until you hit enter with the new value. Intenional??

User is offline   Jamesfff 

OK, I have just tested this in software rendering mode, with 2D sprites, not models, and had no problems selecting any of them. Seems the problem is with 3D models. BTW, Mapster32 has only 2 rendering options for 3D mode, OpenGL and software - no mention of Polymost or Polymer.

User is offline   MC84 

3d Models haven't been selectable in Polymost since version 7657. I reported this bug in August last year but seeing as very few people use 3d models in mapster I don't imagine it's a top priority.

https://forums.duke4...__1#entry327651

This post has been edited by MC84: 20 July 2020 - 10:04 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Yeah. The changelog file shows a change made in 7740, removed in 7741, and put back in 7742. Just over a year ago and almost nobody noticed or complained. :)

Has already been put on the issue tracker roughly 2 months ago: https://voidpoint.io...e32/-/issues/40

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options