Duke4.net Forums: Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II

Doom XBLA

The joy of trying to beat this on Ultra Violence.

I had played other games, but I'm too fucking occupied by Hello Kitty Online.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Dukenator, on Jun 2 2010, 10:35 AM, said:

Doom XBLA

The joy of trying to beat this on Ultra Violence.

I had played other games, but I'm too fucking occupied by Hello Kitty Online.

Did you get DOom 2?

Hello Kitty Online?

View PostLunick, on Jun 2 2010, 04:04 AM, said:

Did you get DOom 2?

Hello Kitty Online?

Not yet.

Don't ask, but I play it from time to time.

---
Burnout Paradise

This post has been edited by The Dukenator: 09 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

User is offline   robotman5 

tryed out the DOOM 2 demo not bad. :(

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostThe Dukenator, on Jun 9 2010, 07:44 PM, said:

Burnout Paradise

That game rules. I had the most fun on ps3 while playing it. Online challenges are awesome.

User is offline   Lunick 

Yeah I got the special episode from my friends console so now I dont have to get it hehe

User is offline   Jinroh 

Ultimate Mortal Kombaaaaaat 3.

View PostJinroh, on Jun 19 2010, 05:44 PM, said:

Ultimate Mortal Kombaaaaaat 3.

That sucks, the one you want is Mortal Kombat Trilogy! or better yet Mortal Kombat 2011!! (MK9)

User is offline   Jinroh 

Blackhearted said:

Mortal Kombat 2011!!

That's what I'm replaying it, cuz I'm pumped for the new MK. It's almost like it's the 90s when I used to go down to the community center to plunk down quarters in the MK3 machine.

The only good MKT is the PC version, though it's still unbalanced, though most non-Arcade MKs are unbalanced. :)

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 20 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

View PostJinroh, on Jun 20 2010, 07:36 AM, said:

That's what I'm replaying it, cuz I'm pumped for the new MK. It's almost like it's the 90s when I used to go down to the community center to plunk down quarters in the MK3 machine.

The only good MKT is the PC version, though it's still unbalanced, though most non-Arcade MKs are unbalanced. :)

So am I! And it was announced on my BRITHDAY! :) WOO-HOO!!!
But the PC version of MKT sucked, the controls were a bit wonkey as was the PS1 version, arcade all the way!

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I just beat Half-Life 2 (and both episodes) over the past week or so...I don't like the game and I don't think Valve is that good. Sure, the character animations are fantastic and the physics are quite cool but...
1. Gordon Freeman is a voiceless, faceless, bodiless, floating gun and HUD...and that is damn annoying.
2. OK, Alyx is hot and all but she is way too damn easy. I don't get how Eli and Alyx are constantly undressing Gordon with their eyes and making it sound like there is a character somewhere behind the floating gun/HUD...I'm pretty sure Gordon doesn't have a penis, so it doesn't do any good. It is like they are trying to force chemistry on you, the player...I am frustrated with the fact that they are all over you and you have no personality. There is no...character development. The whole game is trying to have character but there isn't any. It is a straight linear shooter with a decent story to keep the action going. They try too hard to be more than that and it fails.
3. Well, the game is anticlimactic...all 3 parts of it so far and that is the thing that pisses me off the most: THEY NEVER FINISHED THE DAMN GAME!!! Sure, they released 3 parts of it but THEY NEVER FUCKING FINISHED THE DAMN GAME!!!!
4. I hate the endings of all three parts. Ooh, let's shut down this thing; what? It is going to blow up? DEUS EX MACHINA! Boom! End of game...Oh, but you survived well, time to get back. Looks like we are going to escape..but BOOM! Ah shit, we crashed...wait, we survived. OK, time to end this right..well, we get to go to the Borealis, sweet...well, isn't that upsetting now wait half a decade while we dick around with making multiplayer games before you can figure out what happens next.

OK, I feel better...

User is offline   Lunick 

i finally downloaded my free copy of Portal

I find it great, apart from Steam -.-

However i figured out how to get it running without steam though

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLunick, on Jun 24 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

I find it great, apart from Steam -.-

I thought the whole "anti steam" thing died years ago?

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 25 2010, 01:53 AM, said:

I thought the whole "anti steam" thing died years ago?

No, Its just me ;P

User is online   Sangman 

Those are some pretty silly reasons to hate on HL2 there, Flibble. You could've picked better arguments, like "the games are way too damn linear" or "some of the weapons are useless".. :)

Anyway personally I thought EP2 was amazing.

View PostSangman, on Jul 1 2010, 01:05 PM, said:

Those are some pretty silly reasons to hate on HL2 there, Flibble. You could've picked better arguments, like "the games are way too damn linear" or "some of the weapons are useless".. :)

Anyway personally I thought EP2 was amazing.

Your comments above about HL are true Sangman. EP2 was much too linear and why did they only put the open areas toward the end? that was one the selling points and they conned us......

User is online   Sangman 

Well, the HL games are all about linearity travelling from set piece to set piece and shooting stuff along the way. In EP2, for me they really perfected the pace at which you do that kind of stuff and it had some really interesting environments. Yes, it's true that beyond that the games are fairly shallow but whatever.

I really don't expect unlinearity out of an HL game :)

User is offline   Jinroh 

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom now that I have a new TV.

View PostSangman, on Jul 5 2010, 04:47 AM, said:

Well, the HL games are all about linearity travelling from set piece to set piece and shooting stuff along the way. In EP2, for me they really perfected the pace at which you do that kind of stuff and it had some really interesting environments. Yes, it's true that beyond that the games are fairly shallow but whatever.

I really don't expect unlinearity out of an HL game :)

You should. Imagine a amazing looking game like HL in a open world.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I've played Duke Nukem Land of the Babes, (A.K.A. Planet of the Babes) Conker's Bad Fur Day, PlayStation Home, Saints Row 2, and Grand Theft Auto 4.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Flibble, on Jun 23 2010, 11:46 PM, said:

3. Well, the game is anticlimactic...all 3 parts of it so far and that is the thing that pisses me off the most: THEY NEVER FINISHED THE DAMN GAME!!! Sure, they released 3 parts of it but THEY NEVER FUCKING FINISHED THE DAMN GAME!!!!
4. I hate the endings of all three parts. Ooh, let's shut down this thing; what? It is going to blow up? DEUS EX MACHINA! Boom! End of game...Oh, but you survived well, time to get back. Looks like we are going to escape..but BOOM! Ah shit, we crashed...wait, we survived. OK, time to end this right..well, we get to go to the Borealis, sweet...well, isn't that upsetting now wait half a decade while we dick around with making multiplayer games before you can figure out what happens next.

I love the endings. So far it's been like Lost, with chilling cliffhangers ending each chapter. I hope Ep3 won't be like the Lost finale though.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 7 2010, 06:11 AM, said:

I love the endings. So far it's been like Lost, with chilling cliffhangers ending each chapter. I hope Ep3 won't be like the Lost finale though.

No the ending suck as you would say. I mean they don't answer the 100s of questions we had for years and years, so those ending are a cop out and as bad as Halo 2's.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

You talking about Lost or HL2 now?

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 7 2010, 06:43 AM, said:

You talking about Lost or HL2 now?

HL2

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

If you had been talking about Lost, I'd have understood but HL2?

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 7 2010, 06:59 AM, said:

If you had been talking about Lost, I'd have understood but HL2?

Yes HL2 deal with m8

User is offline   Lunick 

i just found my Outlaws cd so I have been playing a bit of that

View PostLunick, on Jul 13 2010, 03:10 AM, said:

i just found my Outlaws cd so I have been playing a bit of that

Any good?

Dark Fall - Lost Souls.
I don't know,how cowardly were people who called this quest "scary", but it is quite good

This post has been edited by Mister Sinister: 13 July 2010 - 03:58 AM

User is online   Sangman 

View Postblackharted, on Jul 5 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

You should. Imagine a amazing looking game like HL in a open world.

Good lord what is it with people and their jizzing over "open world" gameplay. Have you played Far Cry 2? It's open world and it's one of the most boring games I've played in ages.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options