Duke4.net Forums: Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

I felt the first thread was getting too large (Actually it was overboard but I haven't really been around to do anything about it, sorry.)

Talk about the recent games you have played here.

I've been re-playing Bully: Scholarship Edition on the PC, on and off again.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Saints Row 2 for PC. Just a shame we aren't getting the DLC packages that the console counterparts are. ;)
Needless to say, it's still quite addictive on this platform. Just lucky we even have a PC version of this game.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 28 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

User is offline   Jarongame 

The Sims 3.And garry's mod 10

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

I'm playing through Kingpin: Life of Crime again. Great game, forgot just how awesome it really is.

Posted Image

User is online   Sangman 

Ah yes, Kingpin.. I should give that another go sometime.

Recently though I finished AVP2, NOLF and NOLF2, think I'll play Shogo again next. Seems like I'm in a Monolith mood. ;)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Overlord 2... I love this game, i want a follow-up sequel already, although this game was just released, haha...

Overlord 2... always wanted to give that game a go, it seems fun. Plus, it's made by a Dutch studio I believe ;).

Just installed Vista service pack 2 on my XPS laptop and gave Crysis Warhead another go.

SP2 allegedly has various improvements to DirectX which is supposed to increase performance amongst other things. Well, Performance boost my ass. Crysis' Load times increased significantly, as well as the Windows start up time. It broke my virus scanner as wel, which luckily had a special update for Vista SP2. Virusscanner back up and running, I hope I don't get any more compatibility issues... *Thinks about Windows 7*...

Off to play some GTA IV. I need to vent some frustration...

Vinyl Goddess From Mars... the sequel to Jill of the Jungle by Epic Megagames, only much sexier ;)

User is online   Sangman 

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

This game can be seriously challenging at times. The mission "Wake Up Call" is insane.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, PS2 version, on the hardest skill, and I'm getting all the treasures. It starts out rather easy, but it sure does get difficult.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Slowly getting back into BF2, hoping that I'd some day become an officer but there's just too much to go between Master Sgt and Sgt Major.

I'd also like to get back into ETQW just to see if I can still fly.

User is offline   corpy 

Half Life 2 Episode 2 again... :blink: I am just waiting for episode 3...
And before episode 2 I played Half Life - blue shift... lol...

User is offline   Mia Max 

I'm playing Fallout 3 again. This game is so huge. I think I've already played 20 hrs or more and I'm at 50 %. Has anyone visited all areas yet?

Another game I recently played was Unreal Tournament 3. I always play it offline with maximum available bots on easy mode. That's a lot of fun in beetween.

User is offline   corpy 

Another game I recently played was Unreal Tournament 3. I always play it offline with maximum available bots on easy mode. That's a lot of fun in beetween.

yeah that's fun!

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

Finished the Fallout 3 add-ons "The Pitt" and "Point Lookout". Point Lookout is alot easier with the Ghoul Mask :blink: They are my only allies in the area.

User is offline   Stabs 

just started playing point lookout, that double barrel shotty is a treat heh

User is offline   corpy 

Blood 2: The Chosen :blink:
One of the bestest...

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Duke Nukem 3D on Dosbox, because i'm retro like that. I totally should have realised those alien maggots booby trapped the sub.

Before that I was playing CS 1.6 heavily with a friend, but then she turned into a bitchasaurous and we're not playing that anymore, and inbetween I was dabbling with a bit of DOOM.

User is online   Sangman 

BioShock

Good stuff :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just played through Ultimate Doom and Doom2 in the past 2 months or so. Both games together (all levels), took about 12 hours total, and I loved it. I'm playing Knee Deep in Zdoom right now, and then I'm gonna move onto Final Doom + Plutonia Experiment 2

User is offline   eddym4814 

HeXen 2 I am on the second hub. In the past I would get stuck somewhere and quit. This time I am going to try to finish it.

User is offline   Stabs 

ahh hexen 2 such a great game, wonder if there is any gfx mods for it these days, actually noticed a new hexen game being done on MoDDB with the doom 3 engine that looks interesting.

atm iam playing the new wolfenstein, gotta love stabbing nazis in the throat with the bayonet

User is online   Sangman 

Prey

Beneath A Steel Sky

liked characters, jokes, atmosphere, cyberpunk things

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Still playing and mapping for UT2004. The map's almost ready, believe it or not...just have to learn how to use the MyLevel bit to get the right stats in the map browser, and get that screenshot in there that I posted in the 3DR forums. The Level Properties menu gives me nothing but trouble. May have to rebuild the map and see if that info takes this time. We'll soon see.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Aside from Duke, Duke, and more Duke, been fraggin with Alien Arena from COR Entertainment. It's a FPS using the CRX engine. Fast paced action, very cool weapons and graphics. The game runs real smooth with configurable bots, sp or mp, sort of like UT and Quake 3. I think most of you will be quite impressed by this game. I thought I'd pass this on for thoes of you who haven't heard of it and want to play something different. What's hard to believe is a game this good is yours, totally free! Thats right, free! Worth checking this one out.
http://icculus.org/alienarena/rpa/

User is offline   Loke 

I have been playing Doom 64 on and off for the last few weeks and just finished it a few hours ago. I had great fun going through it, shame it was so looked down upon when it was released. Underrated game.

Posted Image

Doom 3 which was scary and unnerving the first few levels but later became tedious Doom 64 started out scary and fairly disturbing but as you progressed it just went absolutely crazy when you went to hell. With tortured humans all around you accompanied with an extremely disturbing ambient sound track which consisted of moaning humans together with demons and the sound of, I shit you not, crying babies made it all a insane experience.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I tried the PC version a few years back, was okay but it got boring pretty fast. Doom is okay in small doses but it's not as fast as people say.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

I just finished Runaway: Twist of Fate (adventure game), and before that I finished up the first 3 Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures episodes. I keep only mostly finished games though. I played through FEAR2, and then most of Bioshock but then changed games. Now I've started playing Deus Ex (again) but I've halted that as well for the moment. I'm always rotating... it takes me awhile to finish a game that way but oh well.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMblackwell, on Jan 19 2010, 07:46 PM, said:

I keep only mostly finished games though. I played through FEAR2, and then most of Bioshock but then changed games. Now I've started playing Deus Ex (again) but I've halted that as well for the moment. I'm always rotating... it takes me awhile to finish a game that way but oh well.

Wouldn't be able to do that, because I feel I need to get games "out of my system" before starting new ones, not to mention that these days games are so short that this is not a problem.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options