Duke4.net Forums: Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Pontifex monetized?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Stanley Parable. Best game I have ever played. Better than even Quake or DooM, and that's saying a lot.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

That's been intriguing me as well, gonna pick it up on sale at some point.

User is offline   Jeff 

Mass Effect 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally got the Lone Wolf banner. I didn't think I'd be able to solo gold, but with the right class and gear, I was able to pull it off. In addition to certain tips that others gave me to how they pulled it off. Since enemies hit for a lot, on the objective waves, if the objective is on one side of the map (eg. east), wait until the enemies are on the west side, then do it. There was one objective where it was right in the middle, so I had some serious luck there. The extra shields and health from talents as well as consumables helped (150% extra shields as well as faster shield regen).

Gold is the equivalent to insanity in the single player campaign. Platinum is a bit harder, and unlike the other modes, you have 4 types of enemies to fight at once (Cerberus, Reapers, Collectors, and Geth), although whatever enemy you pick on the load screen will be the majority of the enemies you'll face. The other modes just have one type of enemy.

In addition, I also received the Death Guard (Reaper Mastery) title:

Posted Image

Harbinger is watching over you.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 20 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostJeff, on 06 November 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Mass Effect 3

I really want to play the MP since I find it very enjoyable, nobody just wants to play it for some reason.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I didn't know levelord made levels for this game

EDIT:

Decided to look up the first episode of the canned sequel and I came across this

http://steamcommunit...79008399120374/

SIN HD Project
Hi Guys.
My name is Frederik Schreiber, and I'm the CEO at Interceptor Entertainment.
We recently released the critically acclaimed First Person Shooter "Rise of the Triad".
As some of you might know, we were once working on a SIN Remake called "SIN Reloaded"; which unfortunatley got shut down by the IP holder.

We would like to start up a small hobby project - A SIN HD project.
The goal is to Re-do all the SIN textures, and enable native HD support, implement new sound effects, etc. for the original SIN title, and release it as a free mod.

If you have Quake 2 Engine experience, and would like to help, please let me know!

Notice: This is NOT an official Interceptor Entertainment production. It's simply a hobby project.
Let's bring back SIN!

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 09 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They don't want to make Duke Nukem Reloaded for free but they want to do an HD project for another game? I know it's not remaking a whole game from scratch but still...

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostBloodshot, on 09 November 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

EDIT:

Decided to look up the first episode of the canned sequel and I came across this

http://steamcommunit...79008399120374/

Sin's a classic. Personally, I think releasing the Wages of Sin (tied with Wanton Destruction as the best mission-pack ever) expansion on Steam along with other digital platforms would be much cooler than an HD project. Ritual had the former ready to go, complete with widescreen support, when the company was acquired by Mumbo Jumbo.

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

Trying out FPSs on the Nintendo DS; Moon and Dementium. Also tried C.O.R.E. but gave up after a few minutes. Might play it in the future, but Moon and Dementium seem much better.

Moon is pretty linear, but okay. Moon's levels feel cramped though, and it's usually just point A to point B gameplay. Dementium I & II are survival horror-type games; walk around in the dark with a flashlight, solve puzzles, and find weapons to kill creatures.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If interceptor can pull that off it might make my playthrough a bit easier.

I wonder why they decided to do it. Maybe to give their texture artists something to do while the coders fix the bugs and the mappers make the shareware episode?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 16 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Dark Forces

This game is really unbelievably modern for a 1995 game, and in a lot of (good) ways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The puzzles so far have actually made sense for the places they are in, I. E. a door sealed with a combination code, or a specialized metal protected by a multi-stage retrieval system that you can look at and figure out logically as opposed to say, a standard "press all of these" switch hunt.

Surprisingly, this game is actually less linear than shooters of the time, having actual multiple paths to reach your objectives.

It also features a simple (but effective) stealth system where if the lights are out you can sneak past enemies and defenses if you have supplies that don't give away your position (IR Goggles). Your own headlamp will also even alert enemies to your position in dark rooms if you use it. So if you have enough battery life you can choose to sneak through segments or if you don't you can turn the lights on and do them normally.

Most weapons have some kind of altfire, too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On top of all this, it actually has a story that's told in the game, and with actual characters that are voiced too and will speak during game events as well.

I don't know why I never played this game past the second level as a kid (I'm guessing because I couldn't figure out things were unpowered) but I'm really glad I'm playing it now. You can even set the controls to work like a modern fps and they are just fine too (you can't use the mouse y-axis to look up and down though, but there is autoaim for that)

Posted Image

Also they have some simple physics for dead bodies which makes explosive weapons really satisfying to use

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

That looks boss. Is there a good Windows port or should I just fire up the old Pentium 200?

http://xlengine.com/

It's still in alpha but quite a bit of the game is playable. The guy did a great job reverse-engineering Dark Forces, and he's also doing Daggerfall, as well as some other games like blood.

I don't think you can beat the whole game yet though, so it would probably be better after you play the normal game in its current state - so your best bet would be either to get the steam version with Dosbox (which is oddly playable without steam) or break out the Pentium 200.

User is offline   Malgon 

I remember having a lot of fun with Dark Forces back in the day. I'll definitely have to play it again one day when I've cleared my backlog.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Dark Forces is awesome.

Pro tip: Any game on Steam that uses DOSBox is playable outside of Steam because Steam is launching DOSBox which launches the game rather than launching the actual game. You can just pull the game files out and use your own copy of DOSBox. You'll have to set up the configuration probably because the game requires the CD to play, which DOSBox can mount virtually in its environment.

Neither Steam's nor GOG's DOSBox game use the correct configurations most of the time, though. Sometimes they don't even use the right version of DOSBox with the cnfoguration files they use. But in Dark Forces' case it seems to work well enough with it issues. You can set the music to be General MIDI instead of Adlib, though, if people hate Adlib for some reason.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 19 January 2010 - 09:38 AM, said:

I tried the PC version a few years back, was okay but it got boring pretty fast. Doom is okay in small doses but it's not as fast as people say.

You've never played Doom Deathmatch then, I take it.

(Guh, didn't realize the date on the post, fucking forum sometimes takes me to page 1 when I try to click the last page.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 20 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostDaedolon, on 09 November 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

I really want to play the MP since I find it very enjoyable, nobody just wants to play it for some reason.

I just play with randoms. Most of the time it works. Usually I can finish most gold matches without a hitch. Unless I'm stuck with people with crap weapons (uncommon or silver weapons or even the white or common weapons is not something you want to do gold with). I've got all my rare weapons maxed out to level X (the best).

I am about 30 promotions away from getting the Best of the Best banner. Each banner has an alternate version too, although, not sure how to unlock it. Maybe I need to complete the challenge twice.

Hardest challenge would probably be the solo mastery, which requires you to solo 10 bronze matches, 5 silver, 2 gold matches, and 1 platinum match. You only need to do 3 of them to get the banner. I thought it would be really hard, but with some tips for objectives (Youtube) as well as around 200 gold matches completed, I had enough experience to know how to do it. Krogan Vanguard + Reegar Carbine, and about 1 hour per match. Finished the two attempts in 3 trys. One time I wiped on the 9th wave because it was 2 AM and I was sleepy.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 20 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostStrikerMan780, on 20 November 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

You've never played Doom Deathmatch then, I take it.

ZDaemon, 16 players, DWANGO5 MAP01.

Fuck yeah.

User is offline   Jeff 

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer:

Farmed up 3 million credits over the last week or so. Going to see if I can finish up the N7 challenge and get the Best of the Best banner. Hopefully 3 million credits should be enough to buy recruit packs to get the 20 promotions I need (each one gives 12K-65K XP. It's all random, so I might get several 65K or several 12K in a row. You need 2.5M XP per 20 levels. So roughly 50M XP. Should be pretty close.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jeff: 26 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

This is my second run in this phenomenal game.

User is offline   Jeff 

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D 2.0

Prepar3D:
Posted Image

FSX:
Posted Image

FSX > Prepar3D

Off-loading stuff to the GPU is nice, but I think they put too much on there or something. The settings used are nearly identical to the ones I used in FSX (as close as possible. FSX doesn't have DirectX 11. Only DirectX 9 or 10).

This post has been edited by Jeff: 26 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Forgot to post this. Played some Sonic Adventure 2 with Hendricks online. Everything worked fine except for the menus going out of sync a lot.

Posted Image

And other glitches like the picture where I started without a board ;)

User is offline   Engel220 

Recently, Assassin's Creed 4. The map is surprisingly big, and with the free roaming aspects using your own pirate ship it really adds to the size factor. The story is quite engrossing as well, it may not win awards for most unexpected or dramatic story but it doesn't feel all that slapped together as you might expect from a yearly title. All in all worth checking out, though I imagine on PC with uPlay involvement it will probably be a real arse-ache.

Revisiting my UT > UT2004 project

Posted Image

Posted Image

This model was the most daunting for me to start, though I think it actually turned out pretty well and it was a lot simpler than i was expecting

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 27 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I love that Enforcer. God damn that thing sounded good.

Detail time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

View PostDial V for Viper, on 27 November 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

I love that Enforcer. God damn that thing sounded good.

Personally I prefer the Automag from Unreal but the Enforcer is still a goddamn nice weapon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Found a dual wielding mod, also lets you dual wield any weapon combo you want and not just two of the same

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options