Duke4.net Forums: Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II

User is offline   Komenja 

I nabbed Osfront. Thanks, man!

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Just got the Walking Dead of the Steam sale, fuck that game is boring as hell. Wish I could get my $7 back.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 13 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Playing Redneck Rampage after getting it on GoG. The levels are pretty but play poorly - I want to know who's idea it was to make all keys look exactly the same, not give any kind of description as to what they are, AND make them tiny and dark black and then place them just randomly around areas. It's atrocious, it's not even a relic from the era since Blood or Shadow Warrior didn't have any problems with this.

The music's pretty cool though, but because it takes so long to beat the levels I've already heard all of the songs like 5 times already now. Are the add-on packs any better? I might just skip the second episode and go on to those, I heard that Route 66 is really really good and Rides again is more of the same.

User is offline   Ronin 

After playing through Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city with my brother the other night and really enjoying the whole experience, I have come to the conclusion I have really bad taste in games.

NecroVisioN.

Good graphical style, looks good even today (released 2009), nice theme and all... but the game itself is an exercise in frustration.
First of all, it shouldn't be called necrovision, it should be called PHYSX - THE GAME! Everything in this game moves, no lag issues, but when I try and step on a body it changes it direction 60 times per minute, so I'm basically walking over a lot of dead zombies (some of them are alive, you cant tell because the dead ones move too) and I bump into barrels and... everything else.

Next: dumb level design.
Said physx objects are thrown in a compact area (usually trench or a bunker), stairs leading to nowhere. Random stairs. Crypts which are glorified bunkers.

Buggy animations, unskippable cut scenes, camera shaking at nauseum, but I'm soldiering on, hoping for a decent experience.

This post has been edited by uraganotkirki: 16 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Yeah Necrovision has all the trappings to be a great undiscovered gem, but it feels like an alpha. If you can soldier through the first few trench levels it really does get better. It's inspired silliness. Unfortunately, the bugs and jank never go away. There's one bit were you share a prison cell with a famous fantasy author just 'cause. What a bizarre game!

User is offline   Gamers 

Nobody plays Dota 2 here? I'm playing dota recently.

User is offline   Kathy 

SMT: Digital Devil Saga

Not as gameplay split as Persona 3,4 or semi open worlded, monster-recruiting and grindfesting as SMTIII:Nocturne, but the turn-based system of the latter one with weaknesses and 1/2 moves was put here to good use. Shouldn't be as long as either of those.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Lode Runner

Posted Image

I completely forgot about this game, I used to play it all the time as a kid and make levels for it.

I just set it up though, I've been working on a model the past couple days.

Posted Image

I got Wrack. Still pretty rough, but the game will be great once it's complete.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostBloodshot, on 13 August 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I just set it up though, I've been working on a model the past couple days.

I guess you're not going for 100% original look? Either way, that model looks really nice! You know that there are a lot of EDuke32 mods in development who need some 3D modeling talent? :P

Originally since I was going to use it as a replacement model for FF7 I was trying to keep it as close to the original as possible, but I ended up taking inspiration from the dissidia face since I think I actually like it a bit better.

Posted Image

This model has been a pretty good learning experience for me I'd say, though schools about to start so I won't have as much time to do more of this stuff unfortunately.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Cooperative

Posted Image

User is offline   Komenja 

Golden Axe: Beast Rider. I wish I had kept my five bucks, this game is horrible. I have half a mind to take my own axe to it.

Setting up Stalker SoC with LURK 1.1. If I don't like it, I might just replay SoC with the latest version of the ZRP since complete fucks with the ballistics and makes the game way too easy.

Also ported my model into FF7
Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

Posted Image

Holy shit! Never cared about fighters and wrote this game off before hearing about it having a single player content with story mode with original dub!

This post has been edited by Kathy: 08 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

Flight Simulator X: Test flight from Vancouver to Seattle Intl with my new Boeing 777 add-on.

Posted Image

User is offline   Sangman 

Been playing Dead Space 3 coop with a friend.

It is very, VERY good. The best current co-op experience around.

User is offline   LkMax 

I've been playing Mercenaries 2 for PC the last couple of days. It's very fun at times and the enviroments are totally interactive... err, I mean, at least in a "explosive" way (everything can be destroyed, from small plants to giant buildings, ships and oil platforms). Sure, the story is weak compared to the first Mercenaries, but so was Saint's Row 3 and people doesn't despise this game as much as they do with Mercs 2. There's some annoying bugs and repetitive dialogs though.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 09 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Finally tried playing Red Alert 3 Uprising from the Origin bundle, and I have to say, the first mission is super repetitive. Repetitive gameplay + weak, limited units = not fun. I hope it gets better.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

First missions in those games tend to be like that.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah I know, I just assumed that for a stand-alone singleplayer experience which is aimed mostly at people who have finished the original Red Alert 3 campaign, they would have started out with something a bit more out there than some basic infantry roaming the map fighting the same units over and over.

User is offline   Jeff 

Flight Simulator X: Toronto Intl to Bahrain Intl

Posted Image

DirectX 10 water:
Posted Image

Longest flight ever. Took off around 12 PM, arrived around 10:30 PM (Mountain Standard Time, or 7:30 AM local time).

This post has been edited by Jeff: 21 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I've been playing the early access release of State of Decay. I think this might end up being my favourite game of the year. It's without a doubt the greatest zombie game ever made. It's janky as hell, and it requires a controller at the moment (keyboard and mouse are on the way) but it's sandbox storytelling style, reactivity and emergent systems are sublime and the way it combines scripting and freedom of choice is incredible. It's absurd such a small team pulled off something some ambitious. I can't recommend it enough.

GTA V. So fun.

I have trouble playing 4 again after playing it.

Also, some UT2004 with my own mix of weapons mods that are UT99-esque - which ended up inspiring me to do this

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

XPlane 10

Checking out a new simulator for fun. This is what FSX would look like if it was rendered using DirectX 11 (or OpenGL 4.3, which is equivalent to DirectX 11). I don't really see much of a difference visually, but perhaps it performs better. Still, if you turn the settings up really high your FPS tanks. I've heard this has something to do with my PCIe bus being slow (Still use PCIe 2.0, while the new stuff is 3.0, and 4.0 will be out in 2015, which has 4 times the bandwidth and speed per lane that I have). So if there's too much stuff (trees, buildings, scenery objects, textures) going through the bus at one time, it will stutter.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jeff: 07 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Reinstalled FEAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still love it.

View PostBloodshot, on 27 October 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Reinstalled FEAR

Still love it.

Ha, I did the same last night! I hadn't played it since 06. After checking out Betrayer I had the urge to revisit FEAR. Man, what a great shooter! The particle effects, dynamic lights and debris are still awesome. At the end of a battle the environment's just devastated. The soldiers are probably my favourite enemy in the history of shooters. Fighting against them never gets old. They always manage to surprise me.

Do you know of any games that have effects like FEAR? (I know of some HL2 mods, but not much else)

After every battle you really feel like you and your enemies have an impact on the environment.

I really love it still though, the AI is so good (only enemies that come close I think were fighting the soldiers in the original Half-Life or the AI in Unreal), the gunplay is responsive and intense and it's overall just so fun.

I only wish it had some sort of shadermod, like sikkmod for Doom 3. That guy actually made one for FEAR but it barely does anything and it messes up soft shadows, so I've basically been playing it vanilla with AA off, softshadows on and SweetFX added for external AA.

Found out crysis was actually still installed on my comp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options