Duke4.net Forums: Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Games Have You Played Recently? Part II

User is offline   Loke 

I liked this as well, not sure who made it though. The beginning sounds very 2010'ish.

User is offline   supergoofy 

Now that we are talking about in-game music, Lords of Magic SE had one of the best soundtracks. :angry:

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Because why the hell not

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It may not be exactly Duke3D weapons in 2k4, but a lot of them work.

User is offline   Loke 

NS2 is having a free weekend so I decided to try it out since I was a huge fan of the original mod. Very much liking it despite some annoying technical issues in the beginning. Definitely feels like the first but with a huge graphical overhaul obviously and the new alien commander. Don't really like that they removed the Onos' ability to devour marines though and the Fade seems to have lost its ability to heal itself. Having great fun though, a very nostalgic feeling of fun.

Onos devour ability was removed because they wanted to stray away from abilities that takes a player out of play completely.

User is offline   Loke 

Makes sense although it's sad to see it go since it was such a good ability in the original game. Stomp, devour one marine (even better if it's a heavy) and gore the rest/retreat while they're stunned. Funnily it was even more powerful in the earlier versions when marines would teleport together with the Onos back to a hive if that player had the Redemption upgrade.

Got the Seasons epansion for The Sims 3 today, I love it.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

Just got through Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance on very hard, sexy violence, good stuff.

Trying out the recently released TrenchBroom editor for Quake 1

THIS FUCKING EDITOR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It may be rather simple, but complex geometry like this would normally take me as

much as an hour to set up properly without compilation errors.

With this new editor, this took me all of five minutes.

I literally spent almost as much time taking these screenshots and a post as I did making this.

This thing is fucking awesome.

User is offline   Loke 

Very cool. Vertex editing in Hammer, especially when working with cliffs, is extremely time consuming and often annoying, i.e. HURR DURR invalid shape! Shut the fuck up.

Btw, there's no actual 2D windows (top,side, front) in that editor, right? Only a 3D window in which you manipulate stuff?

Yeah, it's kinda similar to the default view in CryEngine editors

User is offline   Skulldog 

User is offline   Saiyuki234 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 19 March 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

That's an underrated game, probably because Halo fever started gaining ground at the same time. Halo sucks big time though.

if halo sucked it would'nt have exploded into multiple sequels,books,toys,comics,and multiple multimedia facets.

I don't hate halo, but just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 24 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

I agree with that Bloodshot.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostSaiyuki234, on 24 March 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

if halo sucked it would'nt have exploded into multiple sequels,books,toys,comics,and multiple multimedia facets.

By PC first-person shooter standards Halo is a mediocre game at best. And I actually have Halo, Halo 3 (terrible) and Reach (which is not too bad).

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 25 March 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

By PC first-person shooter standards Halo is a mediocre game at best. And I actually have Halo, Halo 3 (terrible) and Reach (which is not too bad).

Halo was developed primarily for XBox and it's game controller's limitations, and by that standard it is a good series. There is no point playing Halo on PC or comparing it as a PC game.Posted Image

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

All this talk of Halo reminds me of that Beyonce song lol! :angry:

The first game was actually alright, and it had good mod support.

Played some Quake 1 with graphics mods, reminded me of how much I still want that generations arena mod to come out

Spelling issues aside, 1.0 looked great. It's a shame it's not released yet and the only available one has only a handful of weapon animations.

User is offline   Jeff 

Mass Effect 3: Reading some codex entries

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   LkMax 

Completed 100% of GTA Vice City last week and I'm trying GTA III now. Man how I FUCKING HATE the paramedic missions. Took me around 10 tries of that annoying, NOT-f*cking-fun side mission to finally complete level 12. :) next is GTA San Andreas.
PS: I bet San Andreas will take weeks.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 30 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

GTA3 is... quite hard to get into if you've played the later ones first. The gameplay feels kindof clunky.

Half-Life Opposing Force, it's from 1999 but still kick ass, like Duke3d from 1996! :)

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostSangman, on 30 April 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

GTA3 is... quite hard to get into if you've played the later ones first. The gameplay feels kindof clunky.

Well, despite being GTA games both have different goals. While GTA IV focuses on storyline and realism GTA III is more arcade-y. I like both for different reasons.
Besides, I never finished it 100% and I'm on a completionist spree on these last few weeks.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 30 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Was playing daggerfall and this started happening

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

Torchlight 2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The developers seem to have these weird punch lines on some of the weapons and armor. They were the same guys who made Diablo 1 & 2. Basically split off from Blizzard to make Runic Games, which made Torchlight 1 & 2.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 24 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

Wow, that looks even messier than the Diablo 3 inventory.

I've been spending some time on Mass Effect again (+/- 15 hours); the repetitive nature of the side missions and the relative lack of character of the squad members starts to grate a bit, but the overall atmosphere and world design still makes this one of my favourite games of the past decade.
Just completed the primary mission on Feros and the shooting gallery on the Moon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by X-Vector: 25 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

I liked Mass Effect but I'll probably never want to play it anymore ever. ;)

User is offline   Hank 

I came across this demo a while ago, but the way the actors behave is quite impressive ... so this is what I am playing with at the moment

Posted Image

just in case this is FATE, a cancelled game of 1996, not the one of 2005.
The above was started by DogBone Software Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 25 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostX-Vector, on 25 May 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Wow, that looks even messier than the Diablo 3 inventory.

I've been spending some time on Mass Effect again (+/- 15 hours); the repetitive nature of the side missions and the relative lack of character of the squad members starts to grate a bit, but the overall atmosphere and world design still makes this one of my favourite games of the past decade.
Just completed the primary mission on Feros and the shooting gallery on the Moon.

Regarding the world design that may have been one of the things causing some of the technical issues with the game (texture popping). With Mass Effect 2 & 3, instead of having the Normandy as one big level in the first game they made it into around 30 smaller levels which were connected to one another. The CIC alone is one level. As is the bridge (where Joker is).

Not sure if that was the exact issue though.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 25 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options