Duke4.net Forums: the "example" con files? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

the "example" con files?  "for eDuke"

User is offline   MIKE SIMS 

I've been looking and looking and looking... all my eDuke cons are edited in one way or another and I'm trying to find the default eDuke cons.. I think it contained enhance.con and eduke.con or somethin rather

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMIKE SIMS, on Jun 26 2009, 02:29 PM, said:

I've been looking and looking and looking... all my eDuke cons are edited in one way or another and I'm trying to find the default eDuke cons.. I think it contained enhance.con and eduke.con or somethin rather

Those are pretty useless. Just use the CONs that came with Duke 3D and consult the wiki or ask questions around here for editing advice.

User is offline   eddym4814 

View PostMIKE SIMS, on Jun 26 2009, 05:29 PM, said:

Those are the CON files from EDuke2.1.1. If you really want them they are available here:

EDuke2.1.1

Edit: If that is not what you are looking for there are more HERE.

This post has been edited by eddym4814: 26 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I agree with DeeperThought. If I remember right, last time I tried running them they brought up a ton of errors. For the most part it can be recoded in a much more efficient manner, and come out with better results.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

EDuke 2.1.1 is a barfbag. Enhance.con is made irrelevant by defining all that stuff in the source, and the effects are pretty hackish and v1.5.

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

View PostHendricks266, on Jun 28 2009, 12:28 AM, said:

EDuke 2.1.1 is a barfbag. Enhance.con is made irrelevant by defining all that stuff in the source, and the effects are pretty hackish and v1.5.

Eh, that's like calling the Beatles a barfbag because the Rolling Stones were ten times better. ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostUsurper, on Jun 28 2009, 04:07 PM, said:

Eh, that's like calling the Beatles a barfbag because the Rolling Stones were ten times better. ;)

Yeah right.

lol didn't think I would stir up so much with this thread haha.. sorry guys. Well I just wanted some ground to build off of. I found what I needed, thanks guys. I'm kind of an intermediate coder so I'm not to the point yet where I can do everything from scratch like some of you fellas ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I was at that point a few months back, but I actually think its more work to copy and paste someone else's work into your game most of the time. It's definitely more rewarding to code it yourself.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 28 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

practice makes perfect yeah?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options