Duke4.net Forums: Looking for a script/config file/mod that allow fast weapon switching - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a script/config file/mod that allow fast weapon switching

As the title says, I'm looking for something that allow the player to emulate the "weapon switching deficiencies", a bug that was inside the old eduke32 versions (it was fixed in the r4897).

I know this is not the way that the game should be played, but i really liked a lot to switch from a weapon to another so damn fast (spamming on the wheel or side mouse buttons), without the need to find a safe spot in some situations, or just to spare some ammo, ie: 1 shotgun shot and 2 pistol bullets aganst a pig cop/enforcer.
So, there is a way to "use it" on the new eduke32 versions?

Honestly i was also looking for a mod to mix up Duke3D and Duke64 ammo+weapons, maybe with second slots too.
However i'll probably open another request about it later on.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 08 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Currently, if you spam the next or prev weapon keys it will interrupt whatever weapon switching is going on and instantly switch again. I don't know how it could be faster unless you want it to entirely skip the display of the weapons moving up and down on the screen or allow you to fire when the weapon isn't up yet.

Let's say that i'm searching for "no delays" ie: If the player use the shotgun he does not need to wait for the reload animation and is free to switch to another weapon and then shot again, it will looks broken but i find it so damn funny.
Another example, i've used it a lot of times with the double barrel shotgun (Duke Plus) shoting, switching to a close weapon, and switching again to the double barrel shotgun and shot again lol.

If this work would be crazy even on Duke64 that also completely (and originally) lack of fast weapon switching.
Is it a bit hard to explain, so i've uploaded a short video:

As said it will look broken, but i love it!

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 08 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

I'm not sure if is right this one, pretending that it is, i don't know how to "unfix" and make it work in some way.

(root)/polymer/eduke32/source/ Rev 4887
player.c ("unfixed" and then broken):

Spoiler

(root)/polymer/eduke32/source/ Rev 4888
player.c ("fixed"):

Spoiler

Honeslty i don't know exactly what the weapon_pos has anything to do with what am searching for, it is the most close thing i've found between the Rev 4887 and 4888, by reading the "Diff" on these two pages: 4887 and 4888 (/4897) ie: "Fix up weapon switching deficiencies" and Alter weapon switching to cycle through GROW_WEAPON when using next/previous weapon keys. DONT_BUILD.".

If is not this i am quite convinced that the script/code is somewhere right there in these two Revs.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 30 July 2020 - 10:59 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options