Duke4.net Forums: GCC is missing when compiling eduke32 from source with MSYS2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GCC is missing when compiling eduke32 from source with MSYS2

Hi, I'm a new member of this forum and I'm trying to compile eduke32 for Duke Nukem 3D from source with MSYS2 on Windows with a 32-bit compiler (not with a 64bit compiler).

Even though I had followed the instructions on the How-to Compile eduke32 on Windows page on updating MSYS2 prior to compiling eduke32 as an executable for Windows. Once everything was 'supposedly' complete; as stated on the instruction page I attempted to compile the game exec with the following command below:

' make RELEASE=0 -j4 eduke32.exe '

An error was displayed, showing the following:' /bin/sh: g++ command was not found ' among other objects, scripts, headers and etc failing to be built that are part and parcel of eduke32 engine core!

I apologize that I am not at all familiar with C/C++ or how it works, is there something that I am missing/forgetting when compiling it from source?

I would be grateful if you lovely people help me correct this problem, as I have included a screenshot as evidence of what is happening.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mintty_5L8A6nD9Tp.png

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDukeMeister44, on 06 July 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

you lovely people
The hateful eighty. :)

However, that wiki page seems well-maintained. Since the compiler isn't found, you most likely made some installation mistake.
If "pacman -S nasm mingw-w64-i686-gcc" doesn't help, I recommend re-installing MSYS2 etc. from scratch.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You need to run the shortcut called "MSYS2 MinGW 32-bit", not "MSYS2 MSYS". Alternatively, press WinKey+R and run: C:\msys64\msys2_shell.cmd -mingw32

View PostHendricks266, on 07 July 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

You need to run the shortcut called "MSYS2 MinGW 32-bit", not "MSYS2 MSYS". Alternatively, press WinKey+R and run: C:\msys64\msys2_shell.cmd -mingw32

Aye, I already figured that out, I compiled eduke32 today with the mingw32 compiler.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options