Duke4.net Forums: Subdirectory's for Sound and Music - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Subdirectory's for Sound and Music

User is offline   HELLMOUSE 

Does anyone know how to code for the game to look into a subdirectory say for sound and music. My Duke directory is getting a little full. I've looked on the wiki for dir, path, search, lookin, sub, subdir, and find, but didn't find any words that would suggest a search path. There's nothing on sub and I don't think that's the right command either. I'm sure there is some way to do this.

This post has been edited by HELLMOUSE: 19 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There's no special command, you just put your sounds in a folder and the path is part of the sound definition. Music and maps are no different. I really think it would benefit you to download a significant mod and just look at how various things are done.

I was thinking the same thing, as am an amateur the PSX music pack from Hendirck266's website helped me to understand a bit how does these things works (you have to give a look at the ".def" files).

i.e: the wv_dnpsx_music_pack_aggressive contain the psx_agg.def, i liked to change the E3L11 track with a Terminator track then i i've changed it from the original one to this:
music { id "E3L11" file "highres/psx/Terminator.ogg" }   // mheavy2   // whomp.ogg

Then, i've added my Terminator.ogg inside the the "psx" subfolder (the one inside wv_dnpsx_music_pack, not the aggressive pack )

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 19 June 2020 - 11:25 AM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 19 June 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

There's no special command, you just put your sounds in a folder and the path is part of the sound definition. Music and maps are no different. I really think it would benefit you to download a significant mod and just look at how various things are done.

Thanks Dan, that worked. :)

Sounds are now in 4 subdirectories.

It is worth it to do this if you have a lot of sounds.

So the sound file in the definition would look like this in the USER.CON:

definesound DOOM3_MUSIC_UAC DUKESOUNDS1/DOOM3_UAC_MUSIC.OGG 0 0 0 2 0 // LoTag 176

The only thing that I had to add in the .CON file was "DUKESOUNDS1/" where "DUKESOUNDS1/" is the subdirectory in the Duke folder.

This post has been edited by HELLMOUSE: 20 June 2020 - 12:34 PM

This also works for music

music 2 DOOMC/E2M1.OGG // 0 - C

The Doom music is broken up into 4 folders which replicate them as zips (when they will be posted just to make things easy).

This syntax is still compatible with the MUSICPLATE, so there is not need to worry about there being different folder involved.

View PostHELLMOUSE, on 21 June 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

...so there is not need to worry about there being different folder involved.

Wow, that's bad. I love run-on sentences, but this is just a lack of proof reading.

Does anyone know what those mistakes are called?

This post has been edited by HELLMOUSE: 26 June 2020 - 01:09 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options