Duke4.net Forums: Website DukeMaps.net doesn´t want to load - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website DukeMaps.net doesn´t want to load

User is offline   Šneček 

Hello,
A few days ago I found one interesting looking map there, which I bookmarked (a christmas-themed map See You In Jail by Seb Luca), but now for about 2 or 3 days the page does not want to load at all. Is there someone on this forum who takes care of the site?

User is offline   ck3D 

Yeah I noticed the same thing too whilst trying to access/link to reviews on that site over the past week.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

That's Paul B's website.
Message him.

in the meantime, email Seb & see if you can get the map directly from him

http://www.mrthekiller.com/maps.php

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 June 2020 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

The website's still down. The last time Paul B visited forums was a month ago. Something's going on.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

He’s not a regular poster. Perhaps he simply visits this forum infrequently?

User is offline   Player Lin 

The domain already expired since last month.

Spoiler

Maybe he just too busy or something and forgot renew his site's domain...

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi Guys,

Everything is okay on my end. Sorry about the website, there are a few reasons why it went offline. In the 3 years the site was running I was on these forums trying to recruit people to help me with uploading maps, TC’s, MODs, reviewing maps etc… In the 3 years of attempting to convince people to help out I only had one person reach out to me who asked to be a reviewer and contributor to the site. Upon receiving their e-mail I immediately set them up with an account to upload maps, post reviews, pictures do the full meal deal but upon giving them access they only signed into the site once to see that they could, but they never contributed anything.

Now on the personal side of things, my site was hosted with a company I use to own to which I sold this year back in February. I had the option to keep the site or to take it down and I opted to take it down and not renew the domain name as there didn’t appear to be any interest. On top of all that, my wife is pregnant with baby number 2 and she is due July 30th this year. So for the next year for sure I will have my hands full. I still have a full database backup of the site and the entire site contents saved. Should things slow down for me I’ll look at renewing the site especially if there will be more community involvement.

Thanks for your understanding,

A special thanks goes to Terminx for offering his hosting services to me. I really appreciated his offer, but i'd like to use my own domain and not do a shared hosting solution for personal reasons.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 09 July 2020 - 12:21 PM

User is online   Ninety-Six 

Unfortunate but understandable. Good luck with life.

I don't know how to say that without coming off sarcastically or assholey but I am sincere. I genuinely hope things turn out well for you.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

congrats to you & your wife for your soon to be born addition to the family.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostForge, on 10 July 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

congrats to you & your wife for your soon to be born addition to the family.

Thanks Forge, much appreciated.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostSanek, on 04 July 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

The website's still down. The last time Paul B visited forums was a month ago. Something's going on.

Down but not dead. =)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options