Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour on Nintendo Switch - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour on Nintendo Switch

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View Postgemeaux333, on 18 June 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

Well, obviously it cannot be more moddable than the original game

EDuke32 says hi

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Yes but thats an open source recreation, thats another story... any open source recreation for any game is always more moddable than any original game, I figured it out with Open X-COM !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 18 June 2020 - 08:02 AM

Yet it contradicts your claim that WT couldn't be more moddable than the original game :)

But World Tour isn't what we can call an open source recreation, its more a commercial recreation from scratch (except perhaps for the assets)... are opensource and commercial compatible ever ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 18 June 2020 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postgemeaux333, on 18 June 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

And why not be himself fighting the SJWs/feminazis pussies and teach them the true life, like in Demolition Man ?

you obviously have no concept of pandering and virtue signalling that runs rampant through the electronic media and entertainment industry

the Duke Nukem name must be rebranded to meet modern day standards.
Cis white males are going the way of black chefs on the front of boxes of rice

View PostForge, on 18 June 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

you obviously have no concept of pandering and virtue signalling that runs rampant through the electronic media and entertainment industry

the Duke Nukem name must be rebranded to meet modern day standards.
Cis white males are going the way of black chefs on the front of boxes of rice

I understand that Duke Nukem do not live in a vaccum and must evolve, but yet stay true to himself !
But yet, who said Duke doesn't fit modern day standards ? Kotaku ? Polygon ? IGN ? A guy streaming on Twitch with barely 3k followers ? They are not abilitated to juge the case as the Duke just scares them, you just have to face them, no one in the right mind cares about what they say, thats the point !
And I honestly doubt either Randy Pitchford or Jon St John have lessons to receive when it comes to defending/supporting the Duke, as they both were fighting on the front (as good soldiers should do) ever since DNF was released...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 18 June 2020 - 08:26 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 18 June 2020 - 08:04 AM, said:

But World Tour isn't what we can call an open source recreation, its more a commercial recreation from scratch (except perhaps for the assets)... are opensource and commercial compatible ever ?

What do you think Ion Fury runs on?

User is offline   NNC 

View PostForge, on 18 June 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

hold my beer

with all that's going on, maybe they should co-op Duke into a black guy that fights white nationalists

If the game is made in Build, and the designer is Blum or Levelord or Romero, then I'm in.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm not sure why you insist on flattering professional boomer level designers. There are better artists out there.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostR A D A Я, on 18 June 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'm not sure why you insist on flattering professional boomer level designers. There are better artists out there.

Because I'm a boomer too, and fanfic is not my cup of coffee.

View PostPhredreeke, on 18 June 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

What do you think Ion Fury runs on?

An heavily modified/improved version of the build engine ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 18 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

View PostThe Watchtower, on 18 June 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

Because I'm a boomer too, and fanfic is not my cup of coffee.

When it comes to go in the fanfiction business, what about that :

The badguys are gathering, the topic of todays conference is "Why Duke Nukem is so great ?"
Chief of the badguys : "According to you all, why Duke Nukem is so great ? What do he have that we don't ?"
Badguy #1 : "Blond hairs and black glasses ?
Badguy #2 : "A really ichi temper ?"
Badguy #3 : "A series of 78 episodes garanteed ?"
Chief of the Badguys : "Wrong thickeads, he got the balls, balls of steals that is, so to make him beatable, we have to emasculate him ! But I assume its a pipedream with you all..."

User is offline   necroslut 

View Postgemeaux333, on 18 June 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

I understand that Duke Nukem do not live in a vaccum and must evolve, but yet stay true to himself !

I honestly don't think Duke even has to evolve, really. Games have been devolving for years – decades even. Releasing Duke 3D today would be a huge step forward.

View Postnecroslut, on 18 June 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

I honestly don't think Duke even has to evolve, really. Games have been devolving for years – decades even. Releasing Duke 3D today would be a huge step forward.

It is done by now, or it will be done the 26th of june with this new edition, you can even turn to original voices and graphics like in the pc version if you want !

View Postgemeaux333, on 19 June 2020 - 06:17 AM, said:

you can even turn to original voices and graphics like in the pc version if you want !

We know, it came out almost four years ago

But honestly who would the old ones when talented working peoples have put their hearts in the new ones ?
With some luck, the whole thing will be better handled in this new Twitch edition.

P.S: About those additionnal levels I was talking about, they should be at the number of 3 if what I have read is correct (no more clue of where we would find them though)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 19 June 2020 - 06:49 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 19 June 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

But honestly who would the old ones when talented working peoples have put their hearts in the new ones ?

Posted Image

View PostPhredreeke, on 19 June 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

When it comes to Star Wars the choice is quickly done, even the episodes 1-2-3 are much better !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 19 June 2020 - 07:05 AM

User is online   Lunick 

The port is available now

Posted Image

User is offline   Steve 64 

I guess mp works alot better on Switch huh.

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 23 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

The reactions to this new Switch port are overwhelming positive as far as I can gather

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View Postgemeaux333, on 18 June 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Yes but thats an open source recreation, thats another story... any open source recreation for any game is always more moddable than any original game, I figured it out with Open X-COM !

EDuke32 is a source port, as it is based directly on the game's source as released by 3D Realms. As is the World Tour. Open X-Com on the other hand, is a recreation because it was, well, recreated from scratch in the absence of original source code available for that game.

Captain Obvious out.

View PostMrFlibble, on 24 June 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

EDuke32 is a source port, as it is based directly on the game's source as released by 3D Realms. As is the World Tour. Open X-Com on the other hand, is a recreation because it was, well, recreated from scratch in the absence of original source code available for that game.

Captain Obvious out.

And guess what : they are still trying to figure out the engine of X-COM : Apocalypse, trying to recreate it

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 24 June 2020 - 08:03 AM

I been seeing reviews for the switch edition people have been giving this 9.10 is it really that good , Cause I find it hard to believe.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I heard from a friend that the sound is glitchy.

The multiplayer is neat from what I can gather

User is offline   NNC 

... from the 3 people who still play Duke multiplayer once a year.

Not mine someone elses

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 26 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

User is online   Lunick 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 June 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

I heard from a friend that the sound is glitchy.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better but the two instances of sound problems I've heard while playing Episode 1 are:
-Shooting Octabrains with a Chaingun causes their pain sound to play over and over again causing a lot of noise
-The warping sounds in the area before the Battlelord fight overlap each other causing noise yet again

Its actually a well know issue when it comes to the build engine : the sounds overlaping, it also open in Ion Fury sometimes

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options