Duke4.net Forums: The King of Pop Has Passed Away - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The King of Pop Has Passed Away  "Michael Jackson dies at age 50"

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Video/Entertainment...ault.aspx#video

Michael Jackson, the moonwalking former child star who became known the world over as the "King of Pop" before his life and career deteriorated in a freakish series of scandals, died Thursday, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. He was 50.

The person said Jackson died in a Los Angeles hospital. The person was not authorised to speak publicly and requested anonymity.

The circumstances of his death were not immediately clear. Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at his Los Angeles home about 12:30 p.m., Captain Steve Ruda told the Los Angeles Times. The paramedics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Centre, Ruda told the newspaper.

Jackson's death brought a tragic end to a long, bizarre, sometimes farcical decline from his peak in the 1980s, when he was popular music's premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV, dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage.

He was perhaps the most exciting performer of his generation, known for his feverish, crotch-grabbing dance moves, his high-pitched voice punctuated with squeals and titters. His single sequined glove and tight, military-style jacket were trademarks second only to his ever-changing, surgically altered appearance. Over the years, his skin became lighter and his nose narrower.

AP

User is offline   Kathy 

WTF

I opened imdb.com and was stunned.

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

;) Indeed, very sad news. Like most people with tact have been saying - his personal and legal issues aside, he was a very important person in the world of music. RIP Michael Jackson.

User is offline   Kathy 

I don't really care about the person itself. Cause I knew him for his music.

Sorry, if it sounded to cynical, but that's true.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett. <3
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 25 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

User is offline   Delekhan 

I killed MJ with my bare hands...true story.

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 25 2009, 07:21 PM, said:

R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett. <3
Posted Image

Dude stop doing it to a dead chicks poster. ;)

No but seriously, there should have been a thread on this aswell. RIP to Fawcett - alot of acting talent, but it was overshadowed by her being more of a "celebrity in America" than an actress.

Being in the campy Charlie's Angels series didn't help her status as an actress but helped make her known world wide.

It's sad what happend to her in her later years. The cancer was just too strong. ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

I have never heard of Farrah.

User is offline   Hellbound 

View PostLotan, on Jun 25 2009, 07:13 PM, said:

I don't really care about the person itself. Cause I knew him for his music.

Sorry, if it sounded to cynical, but that's true.

Same here. I'll describe my statement with tourette's guy quote:

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User is offline   Kathy 

Well, I do care for some of his music. So, I give a shit.

He was artistically dead anyway.

User is offline   Kathy 

Yeah. I'm not mourning or something like that, though. Just shocked. Played 'Beat It' in Guitar Hero after hearing this. ;)

User is offline   Geoffrey 

This sucks!

User is offline   blizzart 

Can we expect a new Alien Autopsy video in the next weeks???

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

View PostHellbound, on Jun 25 2009, 11:58 PM, said:

Same here. I'll describe my statement with tourette's guy quote:

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apperantly enough to feel the need to make a statement though, right?

User is offline   Delekhan 

View Postblizzart, on Jun 26 2009, 04:39 AM, said:

Can we expect a new Alien Autopsy video in the next weeks???

This made me lol.

View PostJohn, on Jun 27 2009, 01:01 AM, said:

Right.

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostJohn, on Jun 27 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

Well if you don't care about something it's necessary to let everyone know because not caring just makes you cool as hell..

RIP Mike!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

The guy had maybe one good song (Black or White) and was sexually unfit. Can't say I feel much sympathy for such a pathetic person.

Anyone noticed how having soft brains is almost a rule among artists (musicians, actors, artists...)? The good thing is that, if the rumours are correct, Jackson's genes have not been passed on.

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 5 2009, 01:42 PM, said:

...and was sexually unfit. Can't say I feel much sympathy for such a pathetic personn

I'm sorry, any evidence to support that? The original allegations had Jordan Chandler describe MJ's body in detail - including the patches of vitiligo (which could have been determined by anybody who saw his face and knew he was diagnosed), he said Jackson was circumcised, which turned out to be false. Years later Jordan Chandler has been having legal trouble with his dad because he says his father (Evan Chandler) tried to kill him with a dumb-bell weight, which is irrelevant to this case but also quite curious as to how much his father truly cares about him.

I don't believe the fake stories about him (jordan) coming out and saying his father put him up to it, but I do believe that's what happend. Theres no evidence of child molestation on Michael jackon's part, just evidence of a very insecure, naive and awkwardly immature man.

Without the first case, there *is* no second case in my opinion. Especially with the first child (Jordan) leaving the country to avoid testifying. You think after so many years and as an adult he's just going to still be afraid of having his face out there because he doesnt want his school mates laughing at him? As an adult I'd assume it would be something you would want to take control of the first chance you get.

Michael Jackson, in my humble opinion, was an extremely weird individual (for whatever reason, his insecurities or anxieties, the medications he took, or hes just a weird guy...doesnt matter) with an almost asexual nature. I dont think he even thought about sex, let alone molesting boys...if anything the peter pan syndrome might more closely describe him.

... ;) Sorry, this wasnt exactly directed towards you but it's my general view of the situation.

Perhaps by "unfit" he meant "unattractive"? ;) Surely one couldn't contest that.. unless one were a mindless fangirl of course.

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

View PostSangman, on Jul 5 2009, 02:42 PM, said:

Perhaps by "unfit" he meant "unattractive"? ;) Surely one couldn't contest that.. unless one were a mindless fangirl of course.

;) well I cant contest to that. ofcourse i dont know why the looks or attractiveness of a male popstar would matter

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostJohn, on Jul 6 2009, 12:36 AM, said:

I'm sorry, any evidence to support that?

To support what? That he showed more interest toward young boys than adult females?

Whether he actually molested anyone is irrelevant. If you're not sexually interested in the opposite sex you're sexually unfit: you effectively cut yourself off the chain of evolution. (Nothing really prevents homosexuals or pedophiles from having sex with adult representatives of the opposite sex but you should get the point anyway.)

View PostSangman, on Jul 6 2009, 12:42 AM, said:

Perhaps by "unfit" he meant "unattractive"? ;)

Ever seen Mick Jagger?

Being ugly does not make you sexually unfit except in a world that consists of beautiful people only.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 6 2009, 02:16 AM, said:

If you're not sexually interested in the opposite sex you're sexually unfit:

I'm sorry, but what the fuck?

you effectively cut yourself off the chain of evolution.

How is that?

because gay couples can't reproduce

not reproducing means no continued survival of a species

continued survival of a species is kindof the point of evolution

=> gay couples "cut themselves off of the chain of evolution"

User is offline   Kathy 

Most straight couples(not families) don't reproduce either. Besides, gay couples can reproduce through other means than plain sex. It's all about the will to have children than sexual orientation of the couple.

No you have entirely the wrong idea, we're not talking about the social aspect of being gay but the biological aspect. Yes it's perfectly socially acceptable for people to be gay but nature wants species to survive through reproducing.
(humans are weird though because they seem to have broken themselves free of that idea but that's beside the point)

Besides, gay couples can reproduce through other means than plain sex.

Yeah but which one of these possibilities does not include the combination of a female egg with male semen?

This post has been edited by Sangman: 06 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Perhaps you are right. But calling gay people sexually unfit is kind of offensive. Mainly I'm against the notion that being gay is being sexually unfit which somehow(how exactly?) corelates with evolution.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 06 July 2009 - 05:05 AM

It's not a notion, it's true - Not being able to reproduce makes one sexually unfit (if we define the point of sex as reproducing and not having fun). Just like how, if you're a car, you're unfit for flying.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostLotan, on Jul 6 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

Most straight couples(not families) don't reproduce either.

Most individuals pass on their genes.

Besides, gay couples can reproduce through other means than plain sex.

Only one semen can fertilize an egg. So no, gay couples do not reproduce.

View PostLotan, on Jul 6 2009, 04:04 PM, said:

Perhaps you are right. But calling gay people sexually unfit is kind of offensive. Mainly I'm against the notion that being gay is being sexually unfit which somehow(how exactly?) corelates with evolution.

As Sang suggested, I wasn't making a normative statement. I couldn't give a crap about being PC.

And I don't like to say "I have nothing against gays" every time someone half-intentionally misunderstands what I say.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options