Duke4.net Forums: Wichaven 1&2 did any know if this will get upgrade? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wichaven 1&2 did any know if this will get upgrade?

User is offline   lmh1 

Hi i find BuildGDX usefull but its still a lot of issue that may get fix so how did its build? its easy or hard to upgrade image to lock better?
Because its 640x480 pixed, its pussible to set 1920x1080 but its not realy quality of video or images.

Did anyone know how to convert save files to d.fend so its possible to test with both?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Even if it's possible to set that high resolution in the DOS game (I don't know whether that's the case) it will run really badly in DOSBox. From my experience even 1024x768 is a struggle.

User is offline   lmh1 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 June 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

Even if it's possible to set that high resolution in the DOS game (I don't know whether that's the case) it will run really badly in DOSBox. From my experience even 1024x768 is a struggle.

What did you think about:
BuildGDX
https://i.ibb.co/mRX1ZfR/witchaven.png
Why its force users to avoid upgrade program?

Hi i find BuildGDX usefull but its still a lot of issue that may get fix so how did its build?

Sometimes fixing issues means breaking savegame compatibility - an option to restart at the beginning of map when loading incompatible saves would be nice though.

User is offline   lmh1 

But why is its like that? other games did not have that issue most of times, i also want to know if its way to port to linux or mac osx? Or android?

Because the internal state from one version isn't necessary compatible with another one.

BuildGDX can already run on Linux and OS X as long as you have Java installed (assuming you're running it on an x86-based system, as opposed to say a Raspberry Pi)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 14 August 2020 - 11:52 AM

User is offline   lmh1 

But can you tell how its possible to upgrade grapic on witchaven because its some tool like nvidia
https://www.nvidia.c...ality-graphics/

But how to add this?

The problem isn't the render resolution, it's the resolution of the original assets. You can use my upscale pack for the latter.

User is offline   lmh1 

I have try it but its did not make big upgrade, not sure i do its correct. Its only look like enemy get upgraded but not the buiding and flow?
For use with BuildGDX

Contents

whback.zip		Contains upscaled background tiles
whsprites.zip		Contains upscaled sprites

Each file is compatible with both games.

Usage

Create autoload folder in the same place at the Witchaven game files and copy the ZIP files you want to use there.
Upscale pack only works in Polymost renderer.

This post has been edited by lmh1: 18 August 2020 - 02:21 AM

I can't update the levels themselves only the graphics

User is offline   lmh1 

But did you have script that works with google disk\onedrive to autosave its automatcaly?
Did someone have game developer toy for this games?

This post has been edited by lmh1: 18 August 2020 - 02:57 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options