Duke4.net Forums: How to move from Shareware to CD-Rom - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to move from Shareware to CD-Rom  "I have the original PC CD-Rom disk"

User is offline   Keith 

Hi, Sorry if it has been previously sorted, but I can't find the results. I finally managed to play Duke Nukem 3D in Windows 10 at the beginning of this year, using the CD-Rom disc but still 8-bit graphics. Now with your latest update, I finally got 32 Bit eye candy graphics but the game lost the CD-Rom link and now the game becomes shareware and it's asking me now to upgrade to the complete version, I have NVIDIA graphics card, CUDA Cores 2944, Graphics boost clock 1710 MHz, Memory data rate 14.00 Gbps, Memory interface 256-bit, Memory bandwith 448.00 GB/s Total available graphics 16322 MB, Dedicated video memory 8192 MB GDDR6

Can you please advise or send me instructions to restore the CD-Rom link to full version. Many thanks

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

This kinda reads like a question from the 90s. That being said, all you need from the Atomic CD is the duke3d.grp file. If you put this in the same folder as eduke32.exe, you should be good to go. There is absolutely no need or sense of having the CD in the drive while playing the game. Still having a DVD drive at all in your PC these days is rare, actually.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 31 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

How in the world did it "become shareware"??

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostNightFright, on 31 May 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

Still having a DVD drive at all in your PC these days is rare, actually.

Not really. LOL

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 May 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

How in the world did it "become shareware"??

they probably installed hrp, or something like that, which comes with the shareware version. Not sure how eduke32.exe would react to a shareware version in the base directory & the atomic cd in the disk drive.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I doubt it would even search optical drive. In any case, just copy over duke3d.grp from your Atomic CD and overwrite the one in the EDuke32 folder.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options