Duke4.net Forums: Launching Mapster32 with the -g fury.grp command line parameter still loads duke3d.grp and palette. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Launching Mapster32 with the -g fury.grp command line parameter still loads duke3d.grp and palette.

I have no grps on my EDuke32 folder, it's detecting my Steam installs of both games. works fine with m32_usecwd but then i have to copy the grp to the same folder

Posted Image
Ion Fury default tile with duke3d palette.

Posted Image
tiles from Ion Fury (with wrong palette) and Duke 3D (with the right one)

It doesn't happen with sw.grp, it loads it's own palette, though mapster doesn't seem to be able to detect the file install path, i have to copy it to the same folder.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 30 May 2020 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Use mapster in fury dir instead of duke3d.

I think it tries to load duke3d forcibly due to the presence of duke3d.grp and some "missing files" (loaded through other means)
Fury has TILES000 that includes "all tiles" from 0 to 234124 or whatever.
It will load those as first 256 tiles (as per original art limitation).
Beyond that it loads TILES001-TILESxxx that exist in the GRP and each one that overlaps fury tiles will overwrite those.

Also Fury has no palette.dat, it uses a bunch of separate altpals through def, duke one will likely overwrite this despite the defs getting loaded.

View Postoasiz, on 30 May 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

Use mapster in fury dir instead of duke3d.

I think it tries to load duke3d forcibly due to the presence of duke3d.grp and some "missing files" (loaded through other means)
Fury has TILES000 that includes "all tiles" from 0 to 234124 or whatever.
It will load those as first 256 tiles (as per original art limitation).
Beyond that it loads TILES001-TILESxxx that exist in the GRP and each one that overlaps fury tiles will overwrite those.

Also Fury has no palette.dat, it uses a bunch of separate altpals through def, duke one will likely overwrite this despite the defs getting loaded.

I see, thanks. will do.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 30 May 2020 - 12:25 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Remember to also include the scripts or you will have a hard time as the documentation is all there :)
.m32 files

You can just extract those .m32 with latest mapster and do "include fx" and it should do the rest (or add in autoexec)
Really need to update the package.

https://furymap.lerppu.net/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options