Duke4.net Forums: Duke 64 ESRGAN Upscale using stolen HRP assets - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 64 ESRGAN Upscale using stolen HRP assets

Looking for an AI upscale for a different game i stumbled upon this:

At first i was like "oh cool, let's check this out" and i quickly noticed that only the sprites were upscaled and the rest of the assets were taken directly from the HRP, they don't have a direct download link, instead hiding their "work" behind a Discord server, here are some pics of it:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't get the reason behind this, the other upscales they have for N64 games seem to be legit.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It looks like dogshit anyway.

I never really used HRP I like using the old style more.

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

;)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Posted Image

User is offline   Phredreeke 

From the look of it, the graphics not in the HRP are AI upscales (the liztroop, the gun, posters in the movie theatre)

I'll probably release something once NukeYKT's Duke64-compatible RedNukem is released
Also for fun, here's an upscale I made of the DN64 ending sequence.

Posted Image

Edit: a few more

Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 23 May 2020 - 06:08 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

The way Liztroop looks in that screenshot above makes me think, they'd better have used xBR/Z.

It just shows that ESRGAN alone is not enough, you gotta know what you're doing (as if we didn't know that already).

User is offline   Phredreeke 

The DN64 sprites have very reduced color palettes, this makes most models struggle with them

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options