Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D music remixes - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D music remixes

User is offline   xlnt 

I have done a couple of remixes (or high quality versions if you will) of the original music from Duke Nukem 3D.
Here are some youtube links:

Episode 1:
Stalker
Taking The Death Toll
The City Streets
Waterworld

Episode 2:
Future Military Conquests

My own website: www.11-D.net

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice work! I like them! Good to see more people doing non-Grabbag remixes.

User is offline   xlnt 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 May 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Nice work! I like them! Good to see more people doing non-Grabbag remixes.

Thanks ;)

User is online   Ninety-Six 

I'm always happy when someone remembers Future Military Conquests. That's one of my favorites.

Will we see any more? These are pretty good.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 02 May 2020 - 11:40 AM

User is offline   xlnt 

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 May 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

I'm always happy when someone remembers Future Military Conquests. That's one of my favorites.

Will we see any more? These are pretty good.

Thanks. I don't know if I will produce more of these. Those songs are my favorite ones. Duke 3D is still a great game to this day!

User is offline   marcchem29 

Hey there. In terms of remixes some of you may like to hear my version...it's inspired by a few artists from around the time Duke 3D came out Frank Klepacki/Trent Reznor type stuff. I wouldn't attempt the main theme but I did a version of stalker you might like

My link

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Yes, I like it, thanks! Also nice touch with the E1L1 playthrough reflected in Duke's glasses.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

Y'know, I usually don't care for metal remixes of Stalker. I tend to find that the two don't really mix well together, since Stalker, while probably one of DN3D's "brighter" songs, is still maybe a bit too moody for the intensity of metal.

At least, that's what I thought until I heard this. I appreciate how it doesn't go too overboard with it, highlighting the right parts of the song without taking away from its essence. Nice work.

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

View Postxlnt, on 02 May 2020 - 07:30 AM, said:

Episode 1:
Stalker

Interesting re-instrumentation of the original. Sounds good, although I would have backed off of the wetness of the reverb on the first statement of the melody in the synth brass on the right channel and made it more of a 60/40 mix. Otherwise, nice!

Another interesting one, and rare! I don't see people rework this one all that often. Thanks for doing so. Constructive criticism: you might want to back off on the re-instrumented bass drum/snare/tympani, since in their new incarnations they take up a much larger slice of the sonic pie, Perhaps a minus-4-to-minus-6 dB cut with a low-cut filter at 80 Hz on the snare and the tympani would help them blend in without overpowering the rest of the instruments so much. Complements: your choice of instrumentation works quite well, aside from the balance issue! Well done indeed. I also especially liked the Duke quote at the end of the piece. That worked well in lieu of the looping that would have gone on within the game.

Again, thank you for doing this! I'm still impressed that something I wrote back in 1995/96 is continuing to inspire composers to test out their MIDI chops. Much obliged.

User is offline   juvenite 

This is very nice! Can't wait for XPLASMA and GOTHAM remixes.

User is offline   marcchem29 

View PostNinety-Six, on 18 August 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

Y'know, I usually don't care for metal remixes of Stalker. I tend to find that the two don't really mix well together, since Stalker, while probably one of DN3D's "brighter" songs, is still maybe a bit too moody for the intensity of metal.

At least, that's what I thought until I heard this. I appreciate how it doesn't go too overboard with it, highlighting the right parts of the song without taking away from its essence. Nice work.

Cheers guys. I have some deus ex remixes too but I would like to do one more Duke remix in the future of one of the more subtle electronic ones.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options