Duke4.net Forums: Has anyone managed to extract the Sprites? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has anyone managed to extract the Sprites?

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I've tried to via the BUILD ART Files editor after I've extracted the main folder with 7zip, but nothing shows up in the ART Editor.

Has anyone managed to get the sprites?

User is offline   Dexiaz 

View PostxMobilemux, on 01 May 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:

I've tried to via the BUILD ART Files editor after I've extracted the main folder with 7zip, but nothing shows up in the ART Editor.

Has anyone managed to get the sprites?

You need to use BAFed first. And delete the "BUILDART" (42 55 49 4C 44 41 52 54) from the start of file via HEX editor.

Also, someone released editable files on Moddb.

View PostDexiaz, on 02 May 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

You need to use BAFed first. And delete the "BUILDART" (42 55 49 4C 44 41 52 54) from the start of file via HEX editor.

Can you explain how do I do that?
I have no knowledge of HEX editing.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I think it's enough that you open the file in http://www.chmaas.ha...xvi32/xvi32.htm

Highlight the first byte from top left and press DELETE on your keyboard (it will automatically shift stuff as you do it) once BUILDART is gone, save the file and it will open up.

BUILDART itself was added initially to prevent direct rips during preview but it also doubles as a rudimentary version bump that is extremely easy to add to any tool and made public since (many figured it out during preview as well)
As the ART File does not follow spec, it can worst case corrupt handling on older tools as the file itself is much much larger than old versions. This is because it's much easier to deal with a single file than splitting to tens of files when there are no real technical reasons to do that anymore (as It's a new build game and not really intended to religiously follow dos/duke limitations)

I finally got it figured out guys.

Thanks for the help.

That's what this place is for lol

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options