Duke4.net Forums: In-map quotes randomly going silent - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In-map quotes randomly going silent

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I originally reported this in another thread, but that issue got resolved and so turned out to be unrelated.

In random duke maps (vanilla at least; harder to tell with user maps) some of the trigger-specific incidental voice lines (usually Duke himself, but the alien lines aren't free of this issue either) will just not play. The trouble is it isn't consistent which ones will decide to cut out. On one playthrough they might be there, on another they might not. Doesn't seem to make a difference whether it's a level start quote, a secret quote, or one near the end. Nothing around the lines needs to be happening either, nor does it seem to require any specific set of circumstances.

I'm also not entirely sure if this is a recent issue, or an old one. I recall having similar issues with r6675, but I was using the World Tour compatibility stopgap, and so chalked it up to some minor instability issues without investigating further.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 26 April 2020 - 11:52 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options