Duke4.net Forums: -game_dir command has no default - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

-game_dir command has no default

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, so let's just pretend I called it the right one.

On this computer (which is not mine), I have been setting up eDuke for someone who isn't very literate with computers. So for the sake of ease, I have set up everything to be run via batch files, which includes turning off the start window and directing eduke to the appropriate directories which has whatever mods I've set up for this machine, using the -game_dir command. However I've noticed that for anything that does not require its own folder, eduke just freaks out.

If I don't insert the game_dir command, eduke uses whatever the last folder was set to. If I try to set it to "none" (as would be in the folder selection menu), eduke runs the mod as intended but it breaks the save feature because it can't find this folder.

Regarding that second point, I've noticed an older version I have set up for polymost (6428) will have eduke just create a none folder if it can't find the directory, and things will work just fine.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Try this:

-game_dir /

That worked. Thank you.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You're welcome!

Application parameters: /goutpost31.grp -game_dir / 

Using C:/M/Duke 3D/dn3d/ for game data

why

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options