Duke4.net Forums: Question about the older Duke model - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about the older Duke model  "Where's All the Data?"

I've seen a few images floating around these parts of the older DNF Duke model that's extracted from the game files via Noesis so I've decided to give it a go too. I managed to get the model (duke_attract) and most of the textures but a few things still elude me.

Posted Image

None of the sunglasses model seem to match the one in the older screenshots, the head texture doesn't match the body (tried photoshopping it but it doesn't look that good)

Posted Image

and none of the glove/hand textures match the UV on the model.

Anyone here know what the right files are or are the correct sunglasses model and head/glove textures really not in the game files?

User is offline   hiczok 

This model was way better than what we got in the end...

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Honestly I find the hairs too bleached and too ressemblant to the haircut of some soldiers in X-COM: UFO ENEMY UNKNOWN (just way shorter)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 April 2020 - 08:15 PM

View PostPikaCommando, on 20 April 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

I've seen a few images floating around these parts of the older DNF Duke model that's extracted from the game files via Noesis so I've decided to give it a go too. I managed to get the model (duke_attract) and most of the textures but a few things still elude me.

Posted Image

None of the sunglasses model seem to match the one in the older screenshots, the head texture doesn't match the body (tried photoshopping it but it doesn't look that good)

Posted Image

and none of the glove/hand textures match the UV on the model.

Anyone here know what the right files are or are the correct sunglasses model and head/glove textures really not in the game files?

Dukes_glasses_OLD.smsh are the raybans, same folder as trhe rest of the glasses for MP, mt_mp_characters in staticmeshes.
head diff is sadly an older version of the texture. I think I have a high quality version of it that fixes the skin mismatch pretty well, I'll let you know if I can grab it and post it here.
Norm and spec for the gloves exist, but the diff isn't present, it's located in mt_skins2\Duke in the bumpmaps dat file. Called glovehand_n and glovehand_s. You'll have to recreate the diff for it.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I had to manually adjust the colour cast on the skin and then re-create my own hand textures. The normal maps may already exist in the game files for the hands. I can't remember, it's been too long.

Someone on the forum here has posted theirs all over the place. You could ask them.

Spoiler

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options