Duke4.net Forums: Best way to play Duke3D with enhancements that don't affect gameplay - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best way to play Duke3D with enhancements that don't affect gameplay

User is offline   Dukebot 

I would like to play Duke Nukem 3D with the classic gameplay but with some enhancements, such as footsteps sound, improved gore and so. I remember long time ago, that I used Duke Plus with the classic settings for that, it was a nive way to have the classic gameplay with some enhancements. But this was like 6 years ago, I don't know right now if there is a better mod or way to play Duke Nukem this way. I tried Alien Armagedon for that, which add a lot of enchancements but it also changes the gameplay so it's not exaclty what I want.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Cosmetic Duke? https://forums.duke4...ersion-16-is-up

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 April 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

WOW readed this thread and it seems it's what I was looking for! Didn't know of the existence of this mod. I will give it a try and see how it feels. Many thanks!

After playing this I can say it's great and what I was looking for. I would like it to be a little bit more gore, like dukeplus or Alien Armagedon, but it's fine in that aspect.

Is there a way that I can add to CosmeticDuke some Duke Nukem 64 sprites? It was on nintendo 64 where I first played this game and would like to add those sprites to cosmetic duke (weapon sprites like pistol, shotgun, etc.). How could I do that?

This post has been edited by Dukebot: 14 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

Since you bring it up, here's something I made ages ago and didn't release

(you'll have to delete/edit duke3d.def if you wish to use this with other mods, can't be helped)

Don't use this with Nuclear Winter or Vaca for obvious reasons

Attached File(s)

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 April 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

Since you bring it up, here's something I made ages ago and didn't release

(you'll have to delete/edit duke3d.def if you wish to use this with other mods, can't be helped)

Don't use this with Nuclear Winter or Vaca for obvious reasons

Thanks for that, but actually I have no idea how can I use this in the game. Usually I download mods and when starting eduke, select the mod folter. But as for adding this to existing mods, I do not have any knowledge about modifying def files.

usually there would be a duke3d.def in the other mod that you could modify to include the other mod's def file

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options